•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

pullin my hair out...

90b2man

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
:pissedoff:Ok, first off i would like to say any comment or idea will be greatly appreciated. My problem is I have a bronco II with the 2.9... haha yea well the other day it decided to start bogging down when you give it gas... then the next day it wouldnt let me touch the gas at all or it would die. When i first start it up it stumbles a sec then idles normal then starts stumbling again and dies. It has a brand new fuel filter, new plugs, wires, cap, rotor. I can hear the fuel pump running. I dont have a fuel pressure guage but it does seem to have pressure at the fuel rail. I dont have any fuel seeping out of the vacuum line of the regulator.. i also checked the inertia switch under the dash. So then i started to think i have a bad tps or map sensor or something so i tried to pull the codes but nothing came up using a genesys scanner. I tried swapping the tps, map and IAC for different ones without success. Unplugging the o2 sensor did not change anything either. I also tried to reset the eec by unhooking the battery for awhile but nothing changed. any ideas?

baddis

U.S. Military - Veteran
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Ford
Engine Size
find a fuel pressure tester. just cause it runs doesn't mean it works properly

Psychopete

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
NONE
so i tried to pull the codes but nothing came up using a genesys scanner.
Nothing at all, or the 11 code? If nothing at all, look in the technical library for ECC-IV diagnostics. With a simple paper clip, you can essentially use your check engine light to pull codes inside of the cab.

+1 to fuel pressure test..

Pete

90b2man

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
ok, im going to borrow a fuel pressure tester from someone and see how it looks. it does make sense if i had low fuel pressure because it acts like its starving for fuel.