•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Pulling and bleeding the hydraulic system?

scripts

Reaction score
I've got a 4x4 '84 Bronco II, 2.8 V6 w/ a Toyo Kogyo 5sp, and I need to pull and bleed my clutch system. I've looked in my hayne's manual and all it says is that it is a sealed system and is not bleed able. So is there a way to bleed this system or what do I do? There was a small leak where the slave cylinder meets the trany that eventually caused my master cylinder to go dry.

Jorley

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.8 duraspark
I have almost the same setup.Try pulling the slave cylinder and disconnect the line from it(there is a split pin you can take out. Don't lose it. ) fill the reservoir and let it gravity drain to fill the line. try to put some in ths slave. put the line back on ,install. It may or may not work. I had to replace my old T-K 5 and the other tranny had the shaft type slave cylinder. I kept the old system ,will check tomorrow and see what I can figure out for you. Having to rapair my tranny also. I'm having to replace the 4th gear synchro stop and 3rd & 4th gear gear. Am taking pics ,will post when done so if you've ever wondered what the insides look like check it out.