•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Radius Arm Bracket Bolts

PeteyGrizz

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L V6
I have been a long time admirer of this site but just recently joined. I have just replaced the radius arm bushings on my 88 B2. It has a basic 4" suspension lift that utilizes the factory radius arms and brackets by use of drop brackets.

I had to cut off the original bolts to remove the crossmember and brackets from the drops. I replaced these with the same size grade 8 bolts but am not sure how they should be torqued or whether or not to use thread lock compound.

I have searched for this info in the foums and elsewhere but have been unsuccessful finding it. Anyones help with this would be much appreciated. Thanks.:icon_confused:

B2dangerous

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
You can torque them with a torque wrench that can be purchased at just about any auto parts house. I torque all mine and use Loc-Tite. Blue Loc-Tite should be used if you want to remove fasteners with just hand tools, red Loc-Tite you will have to heat up the fastener to remove it. If you have the bolt grade and diameter you can find torque specs on line or most repair manuals list torque specs for the most common fasteners. For suspension hardware I usually use red Loc-tite because it takes the most pounding.