•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Rattling exhaust brace

CurtisP87

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
There's an exhaust brace/bracket/clamp type thing making a bunch of noise on my Bii...its just in front of the cat converter. Looks simimlar to a U clamp that would have two nuts on the ends, but it doesn't have said nuts...its connected to another little bar that goes into a small bushing sort of thing, presumably there to keep the exhaust pipe from moving around too much, and the bushing should eliminate noise. The problem is that the whole thing has no screws or nuts, so my question is how can I tighten it to make it hug the exhaust pipe more, or remove it to put a new one on...?

509lifted

Firefighter
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
2.8l, 4.0 v6
u can get exauhst hangers from the parts store for cheap and just weld/bolt it to the frame where the original was

CurtisP87

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Most definitely, but I can't figure out how to get this thing off...its looking like its going to have to be cut off. Don't have a torch, and its too tight for a hacksaw, so I'll probably have to get a muffler shop to do it... :annoyed:

Brownie Mobile

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.8l
Most definitely, but I can't figure out how to get this thing off...its looking like its going to have to be cut off. Don't have a torch, and its too tight for a hacksaw, so I'll probably have to get a muffler shop to do it... :annoyed:
Just use bailing wire to snug it up there if you cant find bailing wire maybe try any old sort of wire to hang it up and snug it up without any insulation of course. Tie a good knot.