•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

re-attaching my BII roof, help

BlackBII

Cheaf of Grammor Poleace
Article Contributor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
I wouldn't stick weld sheet metal.... You're going to burn through too easially. I'd chock this one up as "I shouldn't have done that!" and start looking for a NICE B2 to buy and transfer all your parts over to. They're not rare. I can buy 3 of em for a grand. I've done roofs on cars, I had to weld a roof on to a 1996 Mustang and it's a bitch, older cars like 20s and 30s cars are easier because they're made of nice thick metal (not knockin that sick chop job..that does take talent), B2s and such are a bitch to weld on because of the thin cheap metal Ford used unless you have a nice MIG welder, I'd never stick weld that. Not trying to knock your skills but even most of the experienced welders would have problems stick welding that thin of metal.
It is tough, but as long as you know what your doing and are using the right rod, it's possible. Just more cleanup afterwords. :icon_thumby:

alpinestar

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
5.0l
cutting the roof off of your bii is something you should be sure about. now that you've done it and have "friends" that do body work, put some bed rails on it and make it into a ranger. if you do a nice job then there was no shame to "fords fine work"....