•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Rear brakes 89 Bronco II solution ! yay....

markhm2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
so i went thru the rear brakes, lines (made sure they got fluid thru them ) , removed completely the inline abs module and all and the culprit was the master cylinder and rear center brake line above the rearend differential. It was clogged shut. THE MASTER CYLINDER CAUSES ALL THESE PROBLEMS because it loses the seals in rear brake half to the rear brakes per ford (bad design) and no pressure to back brakes causes lines and wheel cylinders to clog from no pressure. So I put on new master cylinder, removed the hydraulic abs block from line and replaced with straight brake line
( female 7/16-24 thread, both ends 6" lg ) , bought new rear center line, rebuilt wheel cylinders and all is working good after 9 years of trying ! HALLELUYA !!!
New parts and master cylinder about 65.00 total !

Last edited:

wildbill23c

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford Bronco II
Engine Size
2.9L V6
Suspension Style
4wd
My credo
19K, 19D, 92Y, 91F
My 84 Ranger's rear self adjusters seized up so they wouldn't auto-adjust anymore. Made for easy burn outs as the only working brakes were the front ones, but having all 4 brakes working is a huge plus LOL. I haven't had any brake line issues, usually self adjusters and leaking wheel cylinders are my usual failure points....or self removing caliper pins on front brakes, never did figure out why the caliper pins on my 84 Bronco 2 would back themselves out, I thought at first it was just old pins that were worn but after a brand new pin backed out it had me puzzled, I scrapped the Bronco 2 anyways so never worried about it.