•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

rear end lifting methods help

Spenser

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ranger
so im trying to get the rear end to match the front and lose at least 1 block instead of running 2 ive seen the add a spring and the lowered hangers whats the pros and cons between these 2 and what would you suggest also is there a simple way to bring the shock mounts closer together so i can run the shorter shocks i have for the rear not afraid of doing some welding

chrwilkins30

1000+ Watt Stereo
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Shackles over blocks will give better ride.

For the shocks get some shock tabs and position them on top of the axle allow the use of shorter shocks.

kryptonitecb

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Shackles over blocks will give better ride.

For the shocks get some shock tabs and position them on top of the axle allow the use of shorter shocks.
My advice is the same. Blocks are cheaper but I've heard of people having them come out on trails. If its a street truck no big deal, IMO blocks look cheap too.

Sent from the road while ignoring traffic

rangerbum

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.8l
Nothing wrong with a small block for more height, but stacked blocks are bad news if you use them off road. I have 2 inch blocks and some belltech 6400 lookalikes for my rear end. I get spring wrap because of the blocks though. I'd do shackles and add-a-leaf for the best ride and performance. Or a leaf swap altogether if you have the time.