•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Rear end replacement? What works?

Demi_II

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Well if you can find a 7.5 and D28 master install kit that would be best.

I'm not sure which part in particular you are referring to when you say "the differential" because the term differential refers to the whole assembly, not one piece in particular.

Links:
Dana 28 Master Install kit
7.5 kit
7.5 gears

Are these quality and the right parts? Im having a hard time finding dyna 28 4.10 gears.

richard booth

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
2.9 for now.
Just my 2 cents but I have done a couple 8.8 swaps, seems more daunting than it is. Just carefully grind off the spring perches and and re-weld them in correct position on top, that and shock mounts. I got the diffs for 50 bucks and the last one I did was an stx ranger ls into a B2. I am cheap and I got it for 60 bucks and it is a couple inches narrower but the posi is a big difference. (Setting up gears to me is more difficult).

Demi_II

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Just my 2 cents but I have done a couple 8.8 swaps, seems more daunting than it is. Just carefully grind off the spring perches and and re-weld them in correct position on top, that and shock mounts. I got the diffs for 50 bucks and the last one I did was an stx ranger ls into a B2. I am cheap and I got it for 60 bucks and it is a couple inches narrower but the posi is a big difference. (Setting up gears to me is more difficult).
Where did you find you 8.8? Are there only certain ones that will work? Its an entire axle assembly replacement isnt it?

Harley

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Suspension Style
4wd
Good info here...thanks!

Sent from my SKYTEX-SP1020 using Tapatalk

Demi_II

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
I ended up going with 4.10 just because i think 4.56 would be too much and its much harder to find those gears and most for the dana 28 in that size have been discontinued. If you are going bigger than 3.45 you need a different carrier and i could find one for the open diff so i opted for a Detroit locker.