•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

rear hatch latch

Charles

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford Bronco II
The latch on the rear hatch door has come loose on my Bronco II. All it does is spin around. I removed plastic from the inside to gain access. How do I remove this and where can I get parts to replace or fix it?

treel98

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
2.9 for now
had the same trouble with mine i dont know if you fixed it or not but after the plastic is off you need a small socket and extension shine a flashlight up in there you will see two small bolts i think they are 10 mm and once you take those off close the hatch a shake the pisss out of it till it comes loose on mine i took it and you look you see the little pin that actuially hits the latch look on the shaft between that and the handle you will see a small part that is smaller than the rest i just drilled a small hole big enough to fit a cotter pin through it once i did that put it back in so it jiggles there slide the cotter pin through your hole bend it all the way around so tit doesnt stick super far out and used diagonalls to cut it short so about 1 inch stuck out one both sides then you should be good sorry if its too late but what can i do i am brand new