•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Rear sag

Racenut

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Ok, my b2 has some rear sag. Yes I know about the explorer rear springs. But I was just gona do ether a 1" block or lift shackle. My Q at the lift shackle is. The top bolt, or the one on the rear of the spring that connects it to the frame. Is the nut welded to the back side? I dont c a way to get to it? I can get to the bolt but whats on the back side? Or should I just do the blocks?
Thanks

Surefoot1970

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.3l
There are tabs on the nuts to keep them from spinning. You may be able to feel them.

brokemechanic3000

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Mazda
Engine Size
3.0L
Having a saggy rear sucks. The other day after work walking to my truck I felt the heels of my feet hitting something so I turned to look and it was my a**.

Andy D

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ranger long cab
Engine Size
4.0 OHV
Fords have had saggy rears since 1949 when they went to twin leaf spring rear ends. :D:D

70roadrunner

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
plymouth
Engine Size
the tab sometimes comes loose from the nut, so be prepared to swear at it! I had the same problem, and was gonna do the same thing as you, but my leaves were severely worn, almost 1/4 of the way thru at the end of each leaf. you may want to do an add-a-leaf

wildbill23c

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford Bronco II
Engine Size
2.9L V6
Suspension Style
4wd
My credo
19K, 19D, 92Y, 91F
My 84 B2 has the same sag problem, I looked at the springs the other day and they are completely flat unloaded which means at some point the previous owner severely overloaded my B2 quite often. I'm going to have to look into replacing the springs here at some point soon, not sure where to turn, as I don't have the money and tools to do to many things myself.