•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Rear side windows

treel98

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
2.9 for now
Hey its Tyler i am 15 almost 16 and i just got my bronco ii from my grandpa its a Tennessee truck. Well here is my predicament 2 things 1 the roof paint is peeling away and surface rust NO BIG DEAL :icon_thumby: and NUMBER 2 the 2 big windows on the drivers and passengers side the weather stripping/gasket is all cracked to hell way beyond fixing it with any rubber spray stuff and i need to know where i can get the weatherstripping for it it needs it desperately up her in northwest indiana

thanks

Tyler:icon_welder:

Lost Bushman

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
The reason I ask is because depending on the year dictate whether the windows were glued or bolted in. The weather stripping that you can see is molded on to the glass it's the stuff that was used to install it that counts the stuff beneath it. You can get the urethane ribbon from Napa for about 13 bucks a pack and you'll need two of them one for each window. Depending on what generation Bronco you have will determine whether or not you have both undo or just straight urethane to cut through. mine was bolted in but I still had to use a guitar string and copious amounts of rubbing alcohol to get it out. There might be a good tutorial on the site to instruct you better but be advised they will break if you're not careful. And I'm sure in Northwest Indiana you'd rather have a leaky window then no window at all. Good luck!

Sent from my C811 4G using Tapatalk

treel98

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
2.9 for now
yeah man i you are right about the whole no window thing it was -20 here about 3 weeks ago LOL:icon_bounceblue: and its a 1990 bronco ii eddie bauer edition and if i do i think i will take it somewhere because those windows are 700 appeice and being 15 thats a lot of dough that i dont have

Lost Bushman

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
A 90 is bolted plus glued. $700!? I had to replace one of mine, and it cost me $20 at pull a part

lil_Blue_Ford

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.9L
A 90 is bolted plus glued. $700!? I had to replace one of mine, and it cost me $20 at pull a part

New replacements are ridiculously expensive. And snagging them out of a junkyard is getting harder (at least around here) because there are so few of them left.... and the windows are not the easiest thing in the world to get out.

That said, I have two sets of spare side glass and three sets of hatch glass. Plus an extra side glass (passenger side I think, sold the other side awhile back). The seal is on the inside. I have a couple that the outer rubber is deteriorated a bit but it still has a good seal and the bolts are still holding tight. So I'm not all that worried about it. I saw a write up awhile back on sanding them down and skimming them with some sort of rubber repair stuff to make it look nice again but I don't remember where I saw it.

treel98

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
2.9 for now
so 1 is the seal on the rear hatch window the same as the side windows? 2 you said that i could get it from napa? can someone give me a link to the product? 3 thanks for all the help

Lost Bushman

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
The rear hatch window is not the same as the side windows. It's rubber and you can pop it on the glass pretty easily. The urethane seal tape for the side windows comes in a roll, I can get you the Napa brand/part # tomorrow when I find the box, I've got it in the garage somewhere.
If by chance you need that rubber hatch seal, I've got a good one with a nice piece of glass in it. If you're interested, we can work something out for the seal, or glass, or both. Let me know.

treel98

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
2.9 for now
Thanks I really need the part number and I appreciate the offer on the hatch window but lucky for me that is one good window man thanks for helping me so much while I am still learning

Lost Bushman

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Thanks I really need the part number and I appreciate the offer on the hatch window but lucky for me that is one good window man thanks for helping me so much while I am still learning
No problem, I like to help where I can. A year ago, I knew jack about B2's. I could tear apart and rebuild a Jeep XJ in my sleep, but a Bronco, nothing. I'll get that seal number for you this afternoon.
:icon_thumby:

Lost Bushman

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Hey man, with the site being down, I haven't had the chance to get this to you. But, the part you need to re-seal those windows is made by 3M and it's called "Windo-Weld" Ribbon Sealer. The part number is 051135-08611.

It comes in a 5/16"X15' roll and like I said before, you'll need two rolls. Good luck!

treel98

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
2.9 for now
Man thanks you have been such a big help thanks a ton

treel98

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
2.9 for now
just my luck on napa's website looked up both the part number and the windo weld and NOTHING came up at all