•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Rear spring hangers

97fordrunner

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Hey all, Just picked up my first BII and it has a bad rear spring hanger and I checked LMC and they have them but want $170 any one know where else I can find a new one or actually two the other side doesn't look to hot either. also whats the difference between the BII and the Ranger leafes? are the ranger ones wider? Thanks guys

mjonesjr

I dance with the Devil...
Firefighter
Reaction score
You might be able to use Ranger spring hangers. I know I got all 4 hangers and 2 shackles from Ford for my old '97 Ranger for $120.

The springs are the same dimensions from eye to eye and width on a Ranger, Bronco II, and Explorer.

I would use Explorer rear springs as it would give you about 1"-2" of lift in the rear.

wvcat

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Check your local ford garages, they use different pricing so call a few. No shipping charges if you buy em local.

97fordrunner

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Called the local Ford shop and they are asking $218 a piece, does anyone know for sure if a ranger one will work or is it going to change the ride height? mounting holes. Thanks

wvcat

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Wow, Ranger ones are like $22

NapalmMan67

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
FORD
Engine Size
5.4L
My credo
Life is short- Play naked!
I might have a set in my garage that came off an '87 B2, I can check tomorrow and see for sure. IF I do, $25 shipped to you if you want.