•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Rear wiper and defrost

Redlazer

Reaction score
Does anyone know if there is a way to add rear wiper or defrost or anyone of these to my 1990 B2?

ab_slack

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
There is a factory option for a rear wiper. A friend of mine had one as I recall. So I imagine getting the proper rear liftgate should allow it.

I never had one so have no direct experience.

Don't know of a factory rear defrost so probably are looking at some aftermarket solution there.

Redlazer

Reaction score
Rear defrost was a factory option, but my deify had mine already painted while I was gone with the military for my bday so I really don't want to put a new tailgate on it.

ab_slack

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
Ah yes, sorry you are right about the defrost.

It is entirely possible that if you looked it might be possible to transplant stuff. I was thinking there were extra items dictating a different liftgate, and maybe there is, but it wouldn't surprise me if there is some clever way to add the option without a special liftgagte.

I tried looking for some pic quickly but came up dry and my old 87 BII brochure doesn't show any so no help there.

A rear wiper is definitely one of the options I thought about because in the snow, all the road salt and moisture comes back up on the rear window and you can't see anything.

JerryC

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Defroster kit:
http://www.frostfighter.com/clear-view-defrosters-about.htm

Wiper:
I think you could possibly gut an existing hatch and retro yours.

My BII has the factory installed rear wiper. There is also a washer nozzle on the hatch centered above the window and the reservoir is in the passenger quarter panel. The fill point for the reservoir is accessed by opening the hatch and lifting rubber plug on the end of the passenger quarter panel.

My defroster was messed up bad when I got it, the previous owner carried wood in the back and tore up the defroster grid. It doesn't work :(

The wiper and washer work very well.

B2pjd86

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Rear Wiper Help!

Need help on reinstalling rear wiper arm on my 86 B2. Any pics or diagrams that may help?

wildbill23c

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford Bronco II
Engine Size
2.9L V6
Suspension Style
4wd
My credo
19K, 19D, 92Y, 91F
my 88 Eddie Bauer has rear defrost and rear wiper from the factory. Trouble is neither works on mine :(. Need the rear defrost grid repaired, and haven't dug into the rear wiper not working problem yet, possibly wiring or bad motor.

It was a factory option and the only way to get it is to find a replacement hatch that does have them, then get the switches and everything to wire them in.