•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Removing driveshafts

wildbill23c

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford Bronco II
Engine Size
2.9L V6
Suspension Style
4wd
My credo
19K, 19D, 92Y, 91F
Dang those look a tad worn out LOL. Wonder how bad mine are, doubt they've ever been done given the other stuff I've been finding that's 30 years old :shok:.

tidmarshsmiths5

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.8l stock
consider yourself initiated
Can I just skip the initiation next time and pay...haha! :icon_cheers:

Good news is I learned and it isn't all bad...now, I can tear it out pretty quick and put it back together so if I'm ever out and it goes I can make it work!

Will get me some good parts (they didn't have any lifetime warranty parts) and throw them in my "emergency" bucket I carry with the old truck.

Thank you to all of you that helped me! Without this site I would have paid someone to do this in about 7 weeks when I could afford it...you gents are the best! I wish I had y'alls mechanical aptitude (my brother has it but he was too busy to come by and I hate to always ask him for help as he is constantly fixing people's stuff)...again, thank you! :icon_thumby:

swynx

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Mazda
Engine Size
You'll find the first time doing any thing on these trucks can be a bit over whelming. But you'll quickly get the hang of it.

b2owner

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Did it today n only took a half hour. PB Blast is the shit for rust n dirty parts put a 12 mm rench on them bolts and put a lil hammer power behind it. Didn't even jack it up. Just did 2 bolts on both front n back in drive. Then put it in nutral rolled it till the other bolts where easy to get to. And I marked both ends before installing the new one.The one thing I know for sure is PB Blast is the shit on these old rust buckets :icon_thumby: