•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Removing front fenders on Bronco II

jeiroq

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
How do you remove the front fenders on an 89-90 Bronco II? I'm going to the junkyard on Monday to get some new (to me) fenders for mine since they've been roughed up pretty well. I don't want to spend all day there trying to pull these. Just wondered if anybody's done it before and what it takes? Also if you know the socket sizes I'd need, that would be great too since it's a pick and pull.

Thanks guys!

Dangeranger3

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
It requires drilling out many spot welds.

Dusty_Ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
the fenders dont have spot welds, the inner fenders do. for the fenders take a rachet and a few sockets 8mm-13mm, the bolts were the inner shroud mounts to the wheel well arch are stupid small ud be better off just cutting the plastic away inside the wheel wells

alaskan155

U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2002 1988
Vehicle
honda and ford
Engine Size
2.4l/5.0
it was on an explorer 91-94 but i had to drop the bumper to get to a few snap clips and bolts so take a socket big enough to remove the front bumper, and some extensions to get to the bolt between the door and body thats a pita without a long extention

whocares

Reaction score
Practice by taking one or both of your fenders off your BII. Put all the tools you used to accomplish the feat in your pocket and head to the junkyard. On the bright side, when you get back home with your new fenders, you wont have to remove your old ones.

Ron

detty_motorsports

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988/1992
Vehicle
ford/ford
Engine Size
it was on an explorer 91-94 but i had to drop the bumper to get to a few snap clips and bolts so take a socket big enough to remove the front bumper, and some extensions to get to the bolt between the door and body thats a pita without a long extention
hey bro not to change the subject but ur b2 looks just like my father in laws.....

sorry about the highjack

Clem

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2002 Ranger XLT
Vehicle
1986 Bronco II,
Engine Size
Ranger-4.0 B2-2.9
8mm bolt heads, 5 under the hood (engine compartment), very visible - open the door, 1 more near top hinge - rear bottom of fender visible from the ground, 1 or 2 more - 5 or 6 inside wheel well, these are probably going to be philips head - behind the grill, 1 that is not visible, it is to the fender side of the park light, this one holds the apron under the grill to the fender,removing the park light will help access it, 1 or 2 more behind the head light ring.
Leave the middle bolt in the engine compartment in place loose, take it out last.

Ray

jeiroq

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Thanks guys for all of the input! I'm going to go pull it out today!