•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

ripped out carpet

will.moyer

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9l
Has anybody ripped out their carpet and bed limed their floor and added plus? If so id like some guidance thanks

joenorthcarolina

Reaction score
Vehicle
Ford
I have my carpet out but I haven't lined the floors with anything yet.
If you smell mold when you first get in your truck then chances are your firewall is leaking like a lot of BIIs eventually do. Thats why my carpet is out. I must say, I think I like it better this way. I plan on taking the thing through some pretty deep Shhhh so who cares if it gets wet...HaHa. Plus, I've relocated my computer up were the glove box WAS.

superds

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
84 90 2013
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.8/2.9/5.0
I have done this to the inside of an 84 BII that had some cows living in it. Carpet was pretty nasty, no amount of cleaning would make it snap out of it. Tried lots of stuff before giving up. Used several spray cans of bed liner to do it. Make sure you mask the area well after prepping the surface as directed on the can. I think the stuff I used was rustoleum bed liner, the only aerosol stuff I could find locally in tan.

PetesPonies

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco II
I removed the carpet and put a full length rubber mat in it. It was cut like carpet and fit that way.

tidmarshsmiths5

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.8l stock
I removed the carpet and put a full length rubber mat in it. It was cut like carpet and fit that way.
This is what I would like to do...I've entertained the bedliner inside (my brother did it to his Explorer) but it lets a lot of heat through up by the front and it doesn't look that great.

If I was rich, I would pay one of the duraliner companies to spray it in all the way up the sides to below the windows and then put my cosmetics back on...still entertaining that idea...

The spray cans are great - used these in my son's truck bed in the corners and bedrails after "painting" in the gallon stuff. Spray cans are easy and look good - durability isn't as good.

Jordanjenk

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Yeah I used the herculiner in my 90' B2 and its looks great, I cant speak for the longevity of it but so far it looks good and is pretty cheap and easy to do. Just make sure you prep it very well before applying the actual bedliner. Go buy some like 150 grit sandpaper, some acetone and the 1 gallon kit of herculiner from lowes. theres tons of videos on the internet on how to do it. Good luck!