•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Rough Country 4" Lift Question

CK3

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'89
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
I'm looking at a Rough Country 4" lift kit with rear springs & the upgraded Nitro 9000 shocks. It says that the single steering stabilizer will not work on Bronco IIs with there 4" suspension and sway-bar drop brackets equipped. I'm new to lifting but it sounds like I can run the steering stabilizer or the sway bar right? Is there a way I can run both while still using the Rough Country 4" kit?

http://www.roughcountry.com/ford_83-97_midsize.htm

Thanks..

nate12346

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
No it is telling you that the sway bar needs the drop brackets the the steering stable kit will not work because of the sway bar brackets.

So Im going to say no to the steering because if you are daily driving, the sway bar is needed much more. If you are just offroad all the time, i think the steering kit would work if there is one already made for the bronco II, but with other suspension kits.
but not both at the same time. unless you can fab something up to make it work

CK3

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'89
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
No it is telling you that the sway bar needs the drop brackets the the steering stable kit will not work because of the sway bar brackets.

So Im going to say no to the steering because if you are daily driving, the sway bar is needed much more. If you are just offroad all the time, i think the steering kit would work if there is one already made for the bronco II, but with other suspension kits.
but not both at the same time. unless you can fab something up to make it work
Thanks.. :headbang: I ordered the kit yesterday without the steering stabilizer. Now I need to find a low price pair of extended radius arms. I'm runnin 33x12.5's with a 15x10 wheel (4" BS).

nate12346

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Nice. Im running the same lift with the same extras haha I love the kit! the rear springs are just a little stiff though. Im thinkin about taking off the flat helper spring. But I also chopped the top so it lost a lot of weight back there.

CK3

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'89
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
Nice. Im running the same lift with the same extras haha I love the kit! the rear springs are just a little stiff though. Im thinkin about taking off the flat helper spring. But I also chopped the top so it lost a lot of weight back there.
Do you have pics of the chop? I was thinking about it..

I also have a new 410W Super Pro from D.S.S. Racing to stuff in it.. I'm lookin for a tranny right now..

nate12346

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Yeah this is the most recent. The whole truck is painted in Herculiner

I am doin a whole bunch of work on it now

CK3

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'89
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
Yeah this is the most recent. The whole truck is painted in Herculiner

I am doin a whole bunch of work on it now
Thanks.. Nice...

I'm not sure what I want to do... I was also thinking about a Ranger standard cab & a cut down bed??