•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

SAS 1 of 3 or 4 or maybe 5

USMCFords

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco 2, Bronc
Engine Size
2.9, 5.0
Subscribed! You made that look too easy! So you didn't have to modify the coil buckets or anything on the axle to get the EB44 to just sit under the B2? I mean i know about the x-member and stuff, just didn't think the coils lined up that great like this. Keep up the good work :icon_thumby:
Nope, no problems lining them up. If there were, a quick measurement and 2 new holes on the radius arm coil mounts should fix any problems.

shawn.m

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
any close shots of the crossmember? was it something you made or took off a EB? Pretty interesting on how close to stock that setup looks.

I dont see how you are going to avoid cutting the fenders. I hit hard in the back fenders in three places with 33's I even hit the rear of the front fenders.

USMCFords

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco 2, Bronc
Engine Size
2.9, 5.0
any close shots of the crossmember? was it something you made or took off a EB? Pretty interesting on how close to stock that setup looks.

I dont see how you are going to avoid cutting the fenders. I hit hard in the back fenders in three places with 33's I even hit the rear of the front fenders.
I didn't make it, it was given to me with some other parts when I got the axle. I guess it was on a Ranger with a lot of lift. I had to cut the arm mounts down to make it fit. Still isn't perfect, but I'm building another one. If they rub, I'll lift it more, but they stuff pretty good right now.

Snurfer

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
did you build new lower coil mounts? or just use the EB ones?

i want to build my own, since it would be cheaper, but would it be easier just to get a set from bronco graveyard?

thanks man.

USMCFords

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco 2, Bronc
Engine Size
2.9, 5.0
did you build new lower coil mounts? or just use the EB ones?

i want to build my own, since it would be cheaper, but would it be easier just to get a set from bronco graveyard?

thanks man.
I built some out of scrap angle iron to get the suspension lined up and out of the garage. If you look through some of the pictures you can see them. But I went ahead and bought new ones from JBG, since no one around here had any. Since it's your whole front end sitting on these things, it's better to get the right ones. They are easy to make, but still...

Last edited:

r1hatman

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
Looks good man. I am thinking of using the herculiner on the rocker panels. I glad you did it too so I could see what it looks like.

Snurfer

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
I built some out of scrap angle iron to get the suspension lined up and out of the garage. If you look through some of the pictures you can see them. But I went ahead and bought new ones from JBG, since no one around here had any. Since it's your whole front end sitting on these things, it's better to get the right ones. They are easy to make, but still...
yeah thats what i was thinking as well. i could make my own but having the lower coil trapped in just sounds like the safest way to go. yeah i noticed the first time that one pic was with your mounts and then you went the EB mounts. im gonna go that route next. mine should be swapped in by mid may. thanks for the info man.

USMCFords

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco 2, Bronc
Engine Size
2.9, 5.0
Guess what happened today...

ChrisR1S

10/2013 STOTM Winner
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Mild 5.0
:icon_confused: Juvenile Delinquents took 2 5-gallon buckets of mud and covered up that fresh paint job you worked so hard on??? :icon_rofl::icon_rofl::icon_twisted:

Haha whats up with the wheel being off? Something break up front?

USMCFords

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco 2, Bronc
Engine Size
2.9, 5.0
:icon_confused: Juvenile Delinquents took 2 5-gallon buckets of mud and covered up that fresh paint job you worked so hard on??? :icon_rofl::icon_rofl::icon_twisted:

Haha whats up with the wheel being off? Something break up front?
Haha yea that 55 dollar tractor paint job is just a mess now. Tire is off cause I was putting them back on my fullsize. And finally got all the little bugs tinkered out(except no front Dshaft cause of the crossmember) so I took the ****er out and it drives straight as an arrow. The 4.10s are perfect for the 33s. Went through some trails and a couple mud pits up to the rockers. Climbed a few hills, etc. Nothing broke, so I'm happy as a pig in shit and now she's going back on stands for a new crossmember and radius arm mounts. Overall, I'm satisfied... For now.

USMCFords

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco 2, Bronc
Engine Size
2.9, 5.0
Looks good man. I am thinking of using the herculiner on the rocker panels. I glad you did it too so I could see what it looks like.
Do it. I think its pretty rockin