•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

seafoam in the oil

b2rich

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
whats an engine?
Well i did it. I added about 1/2 pint to my oil on friday, I drove it about 250 miles. today i did an oil change. before i added the SF the oil was off color, but not bad. when i drained it today (for about 3 hours) it was kind of rusty-black, more black in color. but no grit or grimy feeling to the oil.
i think it removed the tarnish. well see in the next week or so if i screwed things up. probably not.
oh and with the seafoam in there it did SEEM to have a little more power.

Last edited:

kimcrwbr1

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
2.8l
I just add half a quart of ATF and does the same thing. run it for about 100 miles before I change the oil. The oil stays cleaner longer after doing it a couple of times. Motorcraft filters seem to work better also I get less lifter noise on cold starts with my 2.8.

b2rich

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
whats an engine?
I just add half a quart of ATF and does the same thing. run it for about 100 miles before I change the oil. The oil stays cleaner longer after doing it a couple of times. Motorcraft filters seem to work better also I get less lifter noise on cold starts with my 2.8.
I have 0 lifter noise anyway. stuck another mobile 1 filter and 5 quarts of castrol edge. ill run it for 7000 and then change it again.