•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Seafoam

bfiakas

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9l
I have a 88 Bronco 2 and on my last oil change,I put in the 1.5 oz. per 1 qt.of oil dose of Seafoam.Drove 80 miles and drained the oil and refilled.Now after the cleaning I am having to refill with antifreeze on a weekly bases.I believe it cleaned to well and is causing antifreeze to flash/burn past the head gaskets into the cylinders.I have no exterior leaks and the rad cap is good and no white smoke at the tail pipe.I talked to a mechanic and he said to use Bar's Leak head gasket repair additive.Any advice would help!

bilzy7

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
idk really, I just used seafoam to see how it works, i put 2/3 into oil and 1/3 into brake booster vacuum hose to top of engine. it smoked barely. it does seem to run alot smoother now, but i gotta change my oil as its been about 80 miles.

bilzy7

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
noone is going to answer besides me just so you know, unless its to talk crap cause thats all they know how to do. your better off doing a search on trs, just type seafoam.

b2rich

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
whats an engine?
noone is going to answer besides me just so you know, unless its to talk crap cause thats all they know how to do. your better off doing a search on trs, just type seafoam.
what he said:icon_rofl:

bilzy7

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
i was gonna make a sex joke but... your tail pipe meeting my intake... that would be ATM... ughh.. I dont wanna taste exhaust... Just make the pipe leak....

K-Slice

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
If you could buy headgaskets in a can, wouldn't everyone do it?

sfwjesse

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Better check your oil man and make sure the antifreeze isnt leaking into there....look for green globules in the oil...you will burn up your engine fast if thats happening. If you had seafoam in oil and that made the leak....one would assume it opened up a passage between the oil and the antifreeze...the worst kind of head gasket leak path.

bfiakas

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9l
I ve checked the oil every day just for that concern and it's clean.I' ve drained a pint of oil in a glass jar and let it set for a week and still no presents of antifreeze.

Stxrangerbumper

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2009 / 1993
Vehicle
B2300 / f250HD
Engine Size
v6 3.0L/ 7.3L
alright, antifreeze is like water in oil,oil it float, you'll not see it in the kicking out

Bar's Leak head gasket = no problem quick solution

Last edited:

Charles

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford Bronco II
kinda weird, never heard of it doing that before. Are you sure it's not leaking somewhere else? are you checking for leaks when it's hot?

I recently had leak in mine (still might). One location was around the bottom hose on the radiator. another was a small crack in the heater hose, this was hard for me to find cause it would spray a very small of coolant out when hot and giving it the throttle. Another spot was the hose to the overflow reservoir.

I've been watching mine and finding small leaks here and there. I first thought it was getting into the engine somehow but my oil was fine.

You can pour in some uv dye and check with a blacklight. The same company that made it for my oil makes it for radiators to. It works.

Surrey

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Dont use a bars stop leak crap. That shit destroys your engine from the inside out over the long run.

RacinNdrummin

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
You know, to be honest, over time Ive grown to think that seafoam is the biggest joke. Ive used it probably 10 times or so over the last 7 or so years, and I never really noticed a difference in how my vehicles ran and mileage wasnt different enough for me to believe that seafoam did a damn thing.

I think the smoke coming out of the tailpipe mezmerizes people into thinking its actually doing something... And all it really does is piss the neightbors off...

Grey_04

Reaction score
I think the smoke coming out of the tailpipe mezmerizes people into thinking its actually doing something... And all it really does is piss the neightbors off...
don't forget it also makes people ask stupid questions about it.

Capt Jay

Solid Axle Swap
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'93 body.
Vehicle
Ford(ish)
Engine Size
A wrench does not come in a can. There is no chemical fix, only bandaids.

Last edited:

The_Dealer

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Duh!
Ry an additive called autorx (google it)

The shit is amazing. Read the testimonies and see real results of what it does for your engine. I use it and will never use seafoam for the oil again
Btw don't use the bars stop leak, it clogges everything.is your antifreeze milky looking? Might just be a leak that you can't see,