•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Seatbelt buckle

87B2_4x4

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
The buckle (female end) of my seatbelt no longer catches the insert so I effectively have no restraint. It seems like the spring is broken. I cannot find a replacement of the same length. My truck is an '87 Bronco II XLT; the webbing is only about six inches long and attached to the track that the seat moves on. All of the replacement I can find are about 14" long and would put the buckle closer to the belt buckle on my pants, not good.

Any ideas of where I could find a replacement, or how to fix it?

ab_slack

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
As a temporary measure, if you drive alone, you can move the one from the passenger side to the driver side. If I had passengers gower I would take the risk myself over anyone I was driving. Although, if you move it, you can still stuff them in the back.

As for a replacement, look to ebay. People regularly part these out. A salvage yard too. Bronco Graveyard possibly.

I am not sure if all BII are identical on seat belts, but most stuff in the gen 1 is (84-88) and for seats I am pretty sure gen II 89-90 were the same as the 87 and 88 so all years probably are the same. I've owned 87, 88 and 89.

Rangers of the same range of years will fit as well. It is often easier to find parts off ranger than BII since more rangers were produced.

Here is an ebay listing for one that is up right now http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/400754080843?lpid=82

3rd Petal

Reaction score
Junkyard would be your best bet. There should be more than a few seatbelts that will fit if you can't find a B2. I know my girlfriends B2 has a seatbelt buckle from a Crown Vic because her buckle did the same thing, and we had a wrecked Crown Vic in our impound yard which matched up perfectly

87B2_4x4

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
Thanks for the information. After checking a local salvage yard today I decided to just order the one from ebay. My wife rides with me almost every time I take the truck; I prefer to take the motorcycle when alone. Taking the passenger buckle and making her ride in the back seat is not a wise option.