•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Shock Tower Tabs

FredDoug

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford Bronco II
Suspension Style
4wd
I didn't take any pictures of this specific issue when I ran into it, but I ended up buying the 4" rough country lift and began the installation this last weekend. Lots of fun later, as I was installing the new springs, I realized the tab that is bent outward to lock the OEM springs into the top of the tower was broken off on the passenger side. And on the other side, despite repeated attempts, it seems like the thicker rough country coils wouldn't lock into the tower. It doesn't seem like they're going to just nonchalantly fall out per se but I definitely don't want that to be on option for them to just exit the towers somehow. Would anyone that has had experience with larger coils care to lend some advice of what you did or if I should've be worried about it at all?

FredDoug

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford Bronco II
Suspension Style
4wd
Thanks Uncle Gump, might grab that or I just happened to run into this when I looked up the spring retainers.

Uncle Gump

Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco II
Suspension Style
4wd
I like the metal retainer clip better...

Something about the hose clamp. Trail repair... yes. When installing a new lift... not so much.

FredDoug

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford Bronco II
Suspension Style
4wd
Haha, ya, I think I'll stick with the retainer clip too, but thought it was interesting being listed in the tech library on the ranger station.

jbbarrus

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco II
Engine Size
Suspension Style
4wd
I didn't take any pictures of this specific issue when I ran into it, but I ended up buying the 4" rough country lift and began the installation this last weekend. Lots of fun later, as I was installing the new springs, I realized the tab that is bent outward to lock the OEM springs into the top of the tower was broken off on the passenger side.
Mine are broken off too. That's what I was looking for today. Thanks to anyone who provided help!

JB