•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

side glass interchange

5.0fox

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
How easy is it to change over from the glued in side glass to the glass with the rubber seal built on?

5.0fox

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
ttt anyone know this? I need some glass and cant find any of the early windows local

TexCaliBII

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Are you asking about BII windows? If so, the 84/85 window frames don't have the holes in them that the later trucks use so you'd have to drill those to use the later glass but is totally doable. The factory holes are quite a bit bigger than the posts attached to the window anyway so being accurate when drilling the holes is not super critical but of course you want to be close. Also when mounting them you need a bead of sealant and the nuts do not go on tight at all, basically just finger tight to hold tje glass while the sealnt cures/sets. I found that out after the first summer and my rear glass now has permanent waves.:bawling: Me? I want to replace my bolt ins for the glue in. I like the trim on the 84 rather than the rubber seal look on the later windows. If you were asking about your 05 truck I have no idea. Good luck!

Last edited:

5.0fox

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
I was aking about the b2. Maybe ill just switch over to the newer windows. It seems like theres alot more of those available.

TexCaliBII

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Yeah the early ones are getting really hard to find. My favourite JY just crushed most of my parts sources :bawling: Good luck!

Last edited: