•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Slow process, low budget B2 build thread

Danno87

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
this is my build and Axle swap in the process, ill post more as time goes on, if you have any advise or tips please post, :::Swapping to 8.8x 3:73 and D35x 3:73 gears, Mile Marker Man hubs, explorer leafs, full poly bushings, braided stainless brake lines, soon to iether go air or electric lockers front and rear. :icon_welder: Hopefully the pics went through..

Attachments

integman

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
:icon_thumby:cant wait for more!!!

Danno87

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
well i did all that work and cleaned up the rear axle without pics :bawling: but ill be sure to post the steps as i go now. and for some reason leaf bushings are on backorder EVERYWERE so i wont be changing the leafs until august sometime.

Danno87

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
well i know i can get the B2 bushings i am looking for the 91-94' explorer kit, the spring eyes seem to be different diameter on the B2 but both front and rear on the explr seem to be the same. sorry for the confusion, i did find some at JCwhitney but dont really want the shackle bushing with it lol picky picky..

Danno87

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
now trying to get the old brake line loose, No luck so i drilled a new hole and left the old one there, And the brake lines ran into what im guessing is iether a booster or for antilock brake system, if it is the anti lock, my dummy light ABS has been on since i've owned the truck.. is it cool to remove or bypass this unit in the frame rail? Also had to swap the old small flang for a bigger one, luckily my U-joints were the same size :headbang: Finally out with the bad in with the good axle is up tires on and it all fits. And finally i get toi start prepping the new to me front D35 to install, so far (parts$450.00), (Donor 92' Explorer w/ 75k miles 400$) has been pretty affordable and easy for a rookie like myself, wanna say thanx for all the advise and help you guys give.. will be updating as progress goes on.

Attachments

Danno87

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
And how do i post decent size pics it only allows me to do 800x800? i like the looks of the big pic builds.. easy to see and ya dont have to click each pic to see em

Danno87

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
been awhile since my last update if anyone is even checkin ..lol but i have gotten rid of the old D28 and put the new D35 up. had a cowl leak in the prosess figure i would finally fix that and make it so it will never happen again. had to cut some Expanded flat metal to make the new grill for it but i think it will work out well... Summit sent me the 2 rear monotube shocks and will get the front, along with the leaf bushings and 5 gal of lucas gear oil (had been backordered for a bit) around the 23rd. i have some rust apearing in the firewall i will have to tend to.. >Mainly from the cowl leak< but nothing huge.. am having trouble getting the right E-brake cables..lol they sent the right boxes but the wrong parts!!!! should be in thursday. I am kicking myself in the ass for jumpin the gun ( not checking the diff gears .) before i put the new axles up.. the donor only had 75k and no signs of heavy offroading, 1 owner old couple so i was assuming... I will prey.. if any of them are bad imma be pissed at myself ...silver lining>>>> gives me an excuse to rebuild my first diff ..anyway if you see something you like or dislike lemme know.. helps to hear some input ... as to why im here. Edited for new pics!!!!!

Last edited:

Danno87

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
and i havent had time to figure the photobucket thing out yet... so clicky clicky.

Rose2300

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Toyota
Engine Size
all you do is make an account, upload the pics, then hit the picture icon while posting, and paste the http address of the pic, easy as that haha

alwaysFlOoReD

Blang - not bling
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'91, '93, '98
Vehicle
Various
Engine Size
4.0, 4.0, 4.6
Suspension Style
4wd
Looking good so far. I haven't looked at all your pics, I will once you figure out how to post bigger pics. I'm subscribing in the hope that you'll figure out the pic thing. I copy and paste the "IMG" from photobucket into my thread. Once you have an image on photobucket 'linked' NEVER move or delete any pics prior to that pic.
Good luck,

Richard

Danno87

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
ok got it lol.. i guess i'll start with what i am doing while i wait for my next shipment of parts... The body seam inside the cowl was completely gone without a ton of rust, thankfully.. i did alot of research on how the best way to do this and most of what ive seen people do was sort of temporary.. i opt to cut the entire grill out and make a new one out of the easyest expanded metal one can find.. I also found an amazing sealant called "Through The Roof" that can be thinned by mineral spirits and sticks to anything.. awsome stuff.. Anyway, i plan to thin and pour till the liquid runs out the drain sealing from the outside-in PERMANENTLY.. i will post more photos >through PhotoBucket< as i go.. soon will have the remaining parts to complete the project.. then will plan to do soemthing with a lift..(didnt have the cash for the whole transition so i will have to do shit twice =(

Danno87

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
has anyone here used these shocks? i am curious how they handle.. i imagined a quality USA product like bilstien, but they are made in Mexico and are not extruded tubes...
these are the rears, the fronts will be here in about 2 weeks..