•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Spring bucket replacement and frame work

speedysprocket

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
So one of my front spring buckets rusted through so much that it finally cracked and broke away from the frame on my 85 Bronco II. The only thing holding that side up is the James Duff dual shock hoop...
So, first question is how to repair the frame. I want to cut that section out of another Bronco II or Ranger, but do I splice in the whole section of frame around the bucket, or only the vertical part, leaving the original horizontal metal in place to keep the frame aligned?
Second, do I use a stock bucket with my dual hoops or do I buy the James Duff dual shock bucket...?
Thanks,
Alex

sbsrlewis

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
I just took my stock buckets off to replace with the James Duff buckets. You can have my old ones for the price of shipping if you want them. I'm in Oklahoma.

The new Duff buckets are VERY stout and beefy. They are the way to go if you can afford them.

Your call.

Steve

speedysprocket

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Any ideas about the frame work? And can anyone speak to the ride differences between the dual shock hoop and the dual shock buckets? I know the hoop restricts my turning radius slightly...