•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Start-ups

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
I would like to seek the knowledge of you guys on a problem i have because you truly are the experts. 1987 B2 2.9l manual trans. There will be 2 scenories.

-Summertime start-ups, after setting all night and starting first thing in the mornings it cranks right up and i drive to work about 2 miles away and i park in the lot for about 9hrs and then try to start it and it sruggles to crank, i have to give it gas and so on.

_wintertime start-ups, after setting all night and starting first thing in the mornings it cranks right up and i drive to work about 2 miles away and i park in the lot for about 9hrs and then try to start it and it cranks right up

- I have replaced the TFI and relocated to the fenderwell, also the Map sensor / wires / plugs

Is there some componet that is telling it not to start on hot afternoons ???

thanks for your time and help

Noodler

efilnicufecin

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
I have a 1988 B2 and had similar symptoms.....ended up being the fuel pump check valve.....the fuel pressure was bleeding back into the tank after the engine is turned off, and the fuel pressure has to build back up before it will inject the correct amount of fuel....if this is your problem you will have to replace the entire pump.(not the lift pump in the tank, but the pump on the inside of the frame, driver side...under the driver seat.) you can get a cheap fuel pressure gauge and just leave it connected while you are at work, then check the pressure before you try to restart the engine.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Thanks, Sounds like that could be it. I will give that a try

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
I will have to wait until summertime to be sure but it looks like the temp sensor to the computer has fixed the problem. makes sense I guess ?