•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Starting the project

snocompton

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.8l
I have been lurking around here for the last week or so and was going to introduce myself but didn't want to until it was official. Ran across an '85 BII that is completely straight with no rust and good paint and a super clean interior. His mom was making him get rid of it and I scooped it up for a whopping $150. I was shocked. He couldn't get it running and after about 15 minutes we had it driving up onto the trailer and he was livid. Tried to change his mind but his mom wouldn't let him haha. So I've got a new dedicated trail rig. Should be fun. Just wanted to say hello as you'll probably be seeing me around here.

snocompton

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.8l
Well I almost have everything together for the SAS. I'm trying to determine weather to keep the 2.8 or swap to 5.0. I'm a little discouraged about that though because we are having some issues with my cousins Ranger that we just got done with.

Bronco_Chuck

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
84, 86 & 89
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.8 & 2.9
i say do with the 5.0 but thats just me.
i hate my 2.8 it gets piss pore mileage and has no power.

snocompton

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.8l
Yeah I think I will figure out what I do once I break it down and see if it is just a head gasket or a cracked head. If it's more than a head gasket I have a 5.0 available for cheap and with one swap already under our belt this one should go smoother.

BlackBII

Cheaf of Grammor Poleace
Article Contributor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Yeah go with the 5.0, the 2.8 may has well been a 1.8...lol

Lets see some pics!

snocompton

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.8l
Haha I was actually waiting for that. I'll track down the cord for the camera and get some up.

grey ghost

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
Haha I was actually waiting for that. I'll track down the cord for the camera and get some up.
i'm glad i could make your day snocompton. will we have to wait for you to get the film sent in by snail mail and get it Developed? jk..:icon_rofl:

snocompton

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.8l
i'm glad i could make your day snocompton. will we have to wait for you to get the film sent in by snail mail and get it Developed? jk..:icon_rofl:
Well since you are dying to see my BII I went ahead and took some pics.. Sorry for the quality.

mn_smokeater

Supporting Member
Firefighter
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
5.4L V8
Well since you are dying to see my BII I went ahead and took some pics.. Sorry for the quality.

:icon_rofl:
thats great! you should use that as your avatar.:headbang:

BlackBII

Cheaf of Grammor Poleace
Article Contributor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size

Looks like something Sid the Sloth drew.

:icon_rofl:

snocompton

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.8l
I feel it is some of my better work. I tried to stay true to the stock nature of it right now :icon_rofl:

mn_smokeater

Supporting Member
Firefighter
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
5.4L V8
you should put a lil chrome on it

Mtrhd0024

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
I have been lurking around here for the last week or so and was going to introduce myself but didn't want to until it was official. Ran across an '85 BII that is completely straight with no rust and good paint and a super clean interior. His mom was making him get rid of it and I scooped it up for a whopping $150. I was shocked. He couldn't get it running and after about 15 minutes we had it driving up onto the trailer and he was livid. Tried to change his mind but his mom wouldn't let him haha. So I've got a new dedicated trail rig. Should be fun. Just wanted to say hello as you'll probably be seeing me around here.
Haha this reminds me a lot of my second Bronco II! One of my good buddies was driving home one day in his 89' BII and it died on him. He thought it was the battery, so he replaced it, drove it for a bit and it died again comin home the next day. So he left it where it was, and was gonna have a scrapyard come get it, and they were gonna pay him $75 for it. He was tellin me about it and told him I'd buy it off him for $200 since the spares would be worth more than that to me. He said I could have it for free since I was a good friend, but he needed the money more than me so I gave him $200 for it and towed it home. Popped the hood in my driveway and the alternator belt was broken! :icon_rofl:

So $5 and 20 minutes later I had me a new ride! :yahoo: Its not as nice as my 90 Eddie Bauer BII, but it runs okay and its got fewer miles on it. AC doesnt work, the paint is horrible, and its not a 5 speed, but I suppose it'd do when I'm workin on my other one and need to make a run for parts! Now I'm hesitant to part it out though!

snocompton

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.8l

Well here it is as it sits right now. Won't look like this for long :yahoo: