•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

steering column

nightmare_82282

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.8l
I have an 84 b2 with a busted out lock cylinder. I looked into fixing it but it is to far gone for any type of repair. I bought it from a local tow comp, it was stolen and abandoned. So I am looking for a replacement of maybe a whole new column. Will a Ranger column fit and all the wiring hook up or will I have to find a doner BII?

John Smith

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
It should fit

Especially if you find a same year Ranger. (that way your wiring may even match)..I have stripped a few Gen 1 Ranger/B2's and they are very similar if you are talking the same series of rigs..IE: non-tilt/non-tilt etc....

nightmare_82282

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.8l
Any ideas where I might be able to get a Ignition Lock Cylinder housing?

B2 Addict

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
I have a complete non tilt steering column w/ a key. I took it out of my '84 B2 when I changed it over to a tilt column. I would ship it to you but it would be expensive, with that said, I have no problem taking it apart. Let me know what all you need & it is yours for shipping. :icon_thumby:

:icon_cheers:
B2

nightmare_82282

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.8l
I have a complete non tilt steering column w/ a key. I took it out of my '84 B2 when I changed it over to a tilt column. I would ship it to you but it would be expensive, with that said, I have no problem taking it apart. Let me know what all you need & it is yours for shipping. :icon_thumby:

:icon_cheers:
B2
I would like the whole column:icon_rofl:. But I only need the part that the key tumbler goes into. You would have to drill the pop rivets out to get. This is the one I have. lol The key tumbler should go in here but someone F-it up really bad.

Attachments