•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Suspension UPGRADE

MoyaBros

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco II XLT
Hi every one... new member to Bronco II Corral. I own a 1989 Bronco II XLT 4x4 2.9L Auto. vehicle is all stock with the exception of the wheel and tires (30x9.5x15). Well my B2 was running just fine untill someone crashed into me. The damage was bent wheel spindle front passenger fender and bumper. I had intended to replace just the spindle but it was not cheap @ the time when i was looking, but found a parting out B2 that matched mine(checked #on the ID tab) same gear ratio. I ended up buying the front axle TTB with sway bar and steering pump all for $50. The only difference it has is the auto locker mine is manual locks and long story short I lost both sets of bolts and hardware to mount the new one. After looking at all the post here I realized this is the best time to swap out bushings and suspension. Also forgot to mention that one of the rear leaf springs is bent so thus why looking for a new suspension. I found the RC 4" left (link below) that Im considering. The B2 is used occasionally around for just driving around but i mostly used it to go fishing and take the kids out for (light off roading) mostly to get to some rural fishing spots. Feel free to drop any advice or recommendations! Thank you and look forward to hearing from y'all.

Attachments

alwaysFlOoReD

Blang - not bling
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'91, '93, '98
Vehicle
Various
Engine Size
4.0, 4.0, 4.6
Suspension Style
4wd
The stock b2 is extremely capable without lift. I would try it stock first for awhile and see what you think before dropping a bunch of cash and time.

MoyaBros

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco II XLT
Thank you very much, do you know were i can buy replacement bolts to mount the front TTB. since i removed it to replace bushings I don't know where the are.

MoyaBros

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco II XLT
Thank you, one I get back to the states I’ll see which ones I need I was hoping to find a manual or tech data with the listed bolts. I’m starting to order everything so when I get back I can start my build.

XTC90BII

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Suspension Style
4wd
My credo
Do what you can with what you have where you are
Your BII looks just like mine less the wheels and tires. Love that color. Good luck with the rebuild.

Dennis