•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

The Bumpin' Bronco II

Z3CHYD

U.S. Military - Active
V8 Engine Swap
1000+ Watt Stereo
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
nothing current
Vehicle
Ford
so have you loss any of your hearing ability yet? lol

BigPimpin91

1000+ Watt Stereo
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
so have you loss any of your hearing ability yet? lol
I will admit to some yes, but only above 19,000hz.
My lower range response has increased however.
I can hear down to about 13hz.

I also notice sounds that no body else does.
Kinda cool.

pickuptrucker

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
2.3 baby!
thats cool, i must not be able to hear to great cuz i never mind having a crappy stereo lol. nice build

BigPimpin91

1000+ Watt Stereo
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
thats cool, i must not be able to hear to great cuz i never mind having a crappy stereo lol. nice build
Crappy Stereo > No Stereo. :headbang:

Sold an old amp now I have cash to get my alternator fixed, kinda fried it by cycling the batteries to deep and it full fielded for some time and fried the rectifier.
$120 repair FTL.

A fresh M50D will be on it's way here Thursday thanks to AllanD. :yahoo:

Then it's all going back in and some new videos will be had.

Z3CHYD

U.S. Military - Active
V8 Engine Swap
1000+ Watt Stereo
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
nothing current
Vehicle
Ford
Crappy Stereo > No Stereo. :headbang:

Sold an old amp now I have cash to get my alternator fixed, kinda fried it by cycling the batteries to deep and it full fielded for some time and fried the rectifier.
$120 repair FTL.

A fresh M50D will be on it's way here Thursday thanks to AllanD. :yahoo:

Then it's all going back in and some new videos will be had.
sweet, Im actually looking to get a B2 so i can put my sub box with 2 15's in it. But I have a question, what type of box is better? Sealed or ported? I want the good low bass too if that makes a difference

BigPimpin91

1000+ Watt Stereo
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
sweet, Im actually looking to get a B2 so i can put my sub box with 2 15's in it. But I have a question, what type of box is better? Sealed or ported? I want the good low bass too if that makes a difference
I'm a ported fan, myself.

Sealed boxes can go "lower" so-to-speak, but will be nowhere near as loud.

Rap music nowadays is getting quite low on the frequency scale. (I'm not complaining. :) )
Some rap music hits around 25hz, just a hairbit over the human limit of hearing.

I'd recommend a 9 cu/ft box tuned anywhere between 30-35hz.
If you need help with the design, PM me.

Z3CHYD

U.S. Military - Active
V8 Engine Swap
1000+ Watt Stereo
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
nothing current
Vehicle
Ford
I'm a ported fan, myself.

Sealed boxes can go "lower" so-to-speak, but will be nowhere near as loud.

Rap music nowadays is getting quite low on the frequency scale. (I'm not complaining. :) )
Some rap music hits around 25hz, just a hairbit over the human limit of hearing.

I'd recommend a 9 cu/ft box tuned anywhere between 30-35hz.
If you need help with the design, PM me.
yea i asked cause i have a ported box and a sealed box an just was wondering which is better, thanks for the info:icon_thumby:

erocka1982

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
I don't mean to come off as a dick, but why? do you happen to own/work for a car audio shop or are you building a SPL comp vehicle in hopes of getting sponsored? why do you need that much bass if your driving this thing regularly. you can't even hear any other part of the song except for the bass line most of the time. I don't understand the point of that much bass in a non comp vehicle.
this has nothing to do with this thread but phil from down is the man!!!!!!!!!!:icon_cheers:

BigPimpin91

1000+ Watt Stereo
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
yea i asked cause i have a ported box and a sealed box an just was wondering which is better, thanks for the info:icon_thumby:
No problem sir.
A lot of pre-fabricated enclosures of any type will not be as loud or sound good as a properly designed and built box.
Like I said, if you need help with a design, feel free to PM me.

this has nothing to do with this thread but phil from down is the man!!!!!!!!!!:icon_cheers:
Wha?:icon_confused::icon_confused::icon_confused:

Z3CHYD

U.S. Military - Active
V8 Engine Swap
1000+ Watt Stereo
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
nothing current
Vehicle
Ford
No problem sir.
A lot of pre-fabricated enclosures of any type will not be as loud or sound good as a properly designed and built box.
Like I said, if you need help with a design, feel free to PM me.
Yea a friend of my dads builds custom boxes on the side, and he has built one for some kid's ranger, but the kid never showed up so i got it for 10 bucks :)

here's the one for 2 12's

here's the other one for 2 15's, i have the one 15 wired into my surround sound in my room, and well let me say playing GTA IV sounds amazing :)

Last edited:

77'cj7

V8 Engine Swap
1000+ Watt Stereo
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Nice to see someone who likes to do audio right. Fab looks good. I'm not really into the huge SPL game, so my only suggestion is to replace those batteries with some sealed ones. I prefer dry cells myself, seem to cycle really well.

Ive put together a SQL system for my ranger, now i just have to take the truck off the road long enough to put it in. Have already put 3 layers of generic "dynamat xtreme" on all surfaces of the cab.
For the low end, i'm goin with two Image Dynamics IDMAX 12's, each one getting 1200w rms from a ppi art a1200.2. Mid-bass is covered by Image Dynamics IDQ-8's, mounted in the stock locations with the doors sealed. 200w rms each from a ppi art a404.2. Mids are handled by a pair of Hertz Mille ML500 planar mids. Kinda experimenting with those, so I also have a set of Dynaudio dome mids just incase. Mids will be powered by a ppi art a600.2, around 100W rms to each at 8 ohms. Highs are Infinity Emit tweeters, 50 w each (much as they like) from a ppi art a200.2
Should be loud enough in the cab of a ranger

RaceRanger97

April 2009 OTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
i dont understand why you would want it so loud. after a certain decible isnt it just tone and no music? to each his own though...i like B2s

BigPimpin91

1000+ Watt Stereo
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
Nice to see someone who likes to do audio right. Fab looks good. I'm not really into the huge SPL game, so my only suggestion is to replace those batteries with some sealed ones. I prefer dry cells myself, seem to cycle really well.

Ive put together a SQL system for my ranger, now i just have to take the truck off the road long enough to put it in. Have already put 3 layers of generic "dynamat xtreme" on all surfaces of the cab.
For the low end, i'm goin with two Image Dynamics IDMAX 12's, each one getting 1200w rms from a ppi art a1200.2. Mid-bass is covered by Image Dynamics IDQ-8's, mounted in the stock locations with the doors sealed. 200w rms each from a ppi art a404.2. Mids are handled by a pair of Hertz Mille ML500 planar mids. Kinda experimenting with those, so I also have a set of Dynaudio dome mids just incase. Mids will be powered by a ppi art a600.2, around 100W rms to each at 8 ohms. Highs are Infinity Emit tweeters, 50 w each (much as they like) from a ppi art a200.2
Should be loud enough in the cab of a ranger
I've noticed those ID Max's are really great SQ subs.

The only reason I am using the Lead-Acid batteries is that they were free.
All money permitting, XS Power D3100's are on my list. :icon_bounceblue:

New Video from a few days ago.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8MVXOPKsuU

BigPimpin91

1000+ Watt Stereo
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
UPDATE!!!!