•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

The Bumpin' Bronco II

BigPimpin91

1000+ Watt Stereo
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
Let's start form the beginning.

[img ]http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh203/DaTwinkie405/Interior.jpg[/img]

BigPimpin91

1000+ Watt Stereo
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
Lost pics but it started out with a transmission line enclosure tuned to 38hz.

BigPimpin91

1000+ Watt Stereo
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L

BigPimpin91

1000+ Watt Stereo
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
Won an awesome promotion by Second Skin audio and won 13 sq/ft of Damplifier Pro.
Stuff is amazing and eliminated my horrible rattle I had from my roof.
I highly recommend this product.

While at the hardware store that day, I noticed a Car Show across the street at the Donut Castle.
Snapped a few pics.

Onto Bidness.

Box gone.

BigPimpin91

1000+ Watt Stereo
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
Headliner Gone.

Peeled the insulation and what's this, oh the roof brace separated from the roof.

Nothing a little of this won't fix.

The spreaders we had were too big, time to improvise.

Internal wiring Done.

BigPimpin91

1000+ Watt Stereo
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
Piece of 1x1 for baffle bracing.

Battery Rack with 3 Wal-Mart specials.

Doubles as an amp rack.

Here is a before video demonstrating how bad the rattle is.

BigPimpin91

1000+ Watt Stereo
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
I'll let the pics do the talking.

BigPimpin91

1000+ Watt Stereo
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L

After just 3 sheets.

Six Sheets.

BigPimpin91

1000+ Watt Stereo
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENxAGxxcFWs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5IKWIMoTLU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOCv-JxzRus

I know the subs look out of phase in the first video but that is because the drivers side sub is broken in and the passengers is the fresh recone.

Gorilla Zoe - Money (35hz FTL.)

Just cruising home, cranked it because I was trying to unwind.
Look in the rear view noticing it seemed to be moving more than usual, and then it it ended up in my lap. :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSTC_F0XrU4&feature=channel_page

fordxranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1989/1992
Vehicle
Fo Mo Co
Engine Size
2.9L....for now/4.0L
I don't mean to come off as a dick, but why? do you happen to own/work for a car audio shop or are you building a SPL comp vehicle in hopes of getting sponsored? why do you need that much bass if your driving this thing regularly. you can't even hear any other part of the song except for the bass line most of the time. I don't understand the point of that much bass in a non comp vehicle.

master hec0

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L V6
I don't mean to come off as a dick, but why? do you happen to own/work for a car audio shop or are you building a SPL comp vehicle in hopes of getting sponsored? why do you need that much bass if your driving this thing regularly. you can't even hear any other part of the song except for the bass line most of the time. I don't understand the point of that much bass in a non comp vehicle.
i would bet its just his hobby hes clearly good at it and enjoys it that's all that matters.

did i see this truck on broncoII.org? it had some really insane body flex the whole 1/4 panel was flexin
edit: i missed a video it was the last one. what made ya decide to post here if im not mistaken you have been a member of b2.org for some time now

Last edited:

Sasquatch_Ryda

Coast Mountain Crawlers
Supporting Member
Ford Technician
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1991/2002/2008
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L/4.0L/6.4L
You know you really shouldn't have those 3 batteries inside the truck right? They do off gas, and the vapors are harmful and explosive.

7.5L_STX

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
unnecessary
are those 18's audioques?? if hey are those things pound so hard!! my friend has 1 in his blazer and its so sick.

BigPimpin91

1000+ Watt Stereo
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
My highs are loud enough to keep up.
Why do some people sit hours on a lake in a boat @ 5:00am trying to catch one fish?
It's what I do.
No offense, or dickness taken. :)

did i see this truck on broncoII.org? it had some really insane body flex the whole 1/4 panel was flexin
edit: i missed a video it was the last one. what made ya decide to post here if im not mistaken you have been a member of b2.org for some time now
Yeah, I'm on B2.org but it seems dead over there nowadays.
Still trying to find an answer to my T-5 Question.

You know you really shouldn't have those 3 batteries inside the truck right? They do off gas, and the vapors are harmful and explosive.
are those 18's audioques?? if hey are those things pound so hard!! my friend has 1 in his blazer and its so sick.
Nope, 15's.

As soon as I find an M5, It's going walled.

85DANGERanger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
yeah, i agree, its pretty common for those amps to spark when working on them and the batteries let of quite a bit of hydrogen gas. electrical spark+ 3 good sized batteries in a inclosed space= big BOOM. just be careful man, ive heard horror stories about exploding batteries.

fordxranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1989/1992
Vehicle
Fo Mo Co
Engine Size
2.9L....for now/4.0L
My highs are loud enough to keep up.
Why do some people sit hours on a lake in a boat @ 5:00am trying to catch one fish?
It's what I do.
No offense, or dickness taken. :).
it must be the camera only picking up the bass then. at least you built up your entire system, thats cool. I see it all the time in my area, guys are putting big amps and subs and ignoring everything else just to get hard hitting bass for their lifted cars:rolleyes:. I don't get why they do that, whats the point if all you can hear is a blur of bass shaking your brain.

BigPimpin91

1000+ Watt Stereo
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
yeah, i agree, its pretty common for those amps to spark when working on them and the batteries let of quite a bit of hydrogen gas. electrical spark+ 3 good sized batteries in a inclosed space= big BOOM. just be careful man, ive heard horror stories about exploding batteries.
You're absolutley right, but the box is actually fully encased. I intend on getting some sealed AGM batteries. No Gas, deep cycle goodness.

it must be the camera only picking up the bass then. at least you built up your entire system, thats cool. I see it all the time in my area, guys are putting big amps and subs and ignoring everything else just to get hard hitting bass for their lifted cars:rolleyes:. I don't get why they do that, whats the point if all you can hear is a blur of bass shaking your brain.
Yeah, my camera is horrible.
Not knocking you but a lot of people have a misconception of youtube videos.
The camera mics aren't meant for sub bass frequencies so they distort easily, it's not the set-up.

I know exactly what you mean about the lifted cars.
We call them Donks.
The best one's have PA horns hooked to amps in their grills so you can hear what they're playing regardless if you want to hear it or not.

My next project is replacing the door cards with thin sheets of MDF with a few components Fiberglassed into each door.
And then possbily another amp and a 4th order bandpass wall.