•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

These screws....

whocares

Reaction score
Guys I have been searching for the answer to this, but havent found it yet. I have an 89 BII, and above the rear side windows on the roof are 4 screws on each side. I assume these were for a factory type luggage/roof carrier?
The pics I have come across on here dont clearly show much of the roof, so I even thought maybe those 4 screws could have something to do with holding the side windows in? Without another Bronco or some pics to compare it to, I had to ask. Silly, I know....but someone on here will definitely know the answer.

Ron

Nathan123

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9 Litre
You're right the four screws are for the roof rack. They have philips heads and are about two inches away from the side of the roof. The roof rack is about the length of the rear window. I'm not sure though if all BII's had these screws, but I would guess only the ones that had a roof rack got them, sounds like yours is MIA:sad:

whocares

Reaction score
Thats exactly what it sounds like to me. I'm gonna keep an eye out for a replacement, I think I want to do a roof rack that attaches to the factory bars.

Thanks, Ron

whocares

Reaction score
Why yes....yes I am. I'm looking for roof rack and crossbars. Shipped to 40071 if the price and condition is good!

will2045

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
5.0L
why?

Why yes....yes I am. I'm looking for roof rack and crossbars. Shipped to 40071 if the price and condition is good!
dont know why youd want one lol i took mine off i liked it better without them cause trees would slide right over without hooking on trails but if your interested i hate a set i can sell you for 40+shipping which is around 10 let me know or make an off its all there minus 1 or 2 of the little screw things but the tracs and cross bars are there. i might even have two full sets if i look around.

whocares

Reaction score
Well, I am planning on fabbing a "safari rack" type of roof rack soon and attaching it to the factory roof rack instead of the drip rails seems like a better choice for me. I'll let you know Will, I havent made it to any junkyards around here yet. I appreciate the offer though.