•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

thinking of buying a bronco 2?????????

mccrob

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
Hi everybody,I was on here a lot last year fixing up an old beater ranger,more of a beater than I thought,hoping for a year out of her but the cab got so bad had to put her down in the fall.I've wanted a bronco 2 since that and have found one but the tranny is shot,It's an auto and I could put a 5 speed in no prob but 4x4in is hard on cluthes........so here's my ?........what's a good auto matic to match up to a 2.9l,Ive heard that some r weaker than others and I hate tranny problems so want the best I can get/afford.

LittleHorse

1000+ Watt Stereo
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
I would estimate that a clutch should last you just as long as an auto tranny will. So you should plan on pulling the tranny equally often, only it'll be cheaper with the manual.

If you're that concerned about it you can isntall a clutch out of a 4.0. It's designed to handle the extra torque so it should last a LONG time behind a 2.9. I'm actually in the process of such a conversion right now.

mccrob

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
will....i do have a line on a 5.0 with a 5 speed out of a mustang ,will the transfercase bolt up

Beanmachine7000

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
No, the tranny from the Mustang is a T-5... If you wanna do a 5.0, I'd use an M50D-R2 from an F-150 and then bolt up a full-size t-case...