•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

This may be one of those dumb questions....

Spitfire1975

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
but how do I hook my transfer case shifter linkage back up? 86 bronco II with the manual t-case. I took it off a while ago to do a transmission switch, and thought I had it hooked up right, but the 4x4 wasn't working. Tried to fix it, still no luck.

When I attempt this again, in what position should the post extending from the t-case (that the linkage hooks up to) be in? Turned all the way forward for 2-high?

trail B2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
On my 86 manual i've done this linkage removal an embarrassing number of times.I used to have an A4LD.If 4x4 doesn't work and the shifter is all hooked up did you try high and low range?What I do to check is try to turn the front drive line by hand with the hubs unlocked.If the transfer case locks up you can't turn it.It can get out of adjustment and not go far enough for low or high but should hit one or the other even out of adjustment.

Spitfire1975

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
On my 86 manual i've done this linkage removal an embarrassing number of times.I used to have an A4LD.If 4x4 doesn't work and the shifter is all hooked up did you try high and low range?What I do to check is try to turn the front drive line by hand with the hubs unlocked.If the transfer case locks up you can't turn it.It can get out of adjustment and not go far enough for low or high but should hit one or the other even out of adjustment.
What has me confused is that I can't seem to get it to work at all, no matter where I place the shifter, and yes, with the hubs locked. 2H is all I get.