•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

tick tick tick

morsching

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
I have been working on my 88 bronco 2 xlt it has the 2.9 in it. I just put new world heads and all new valve train in it. I adjusted the rockers twice and it still ticks so i brought it to a mechanic he adjusted them It still ticks so i checked the oil pressure 20psi and idle 50 psi and 2000 rpm. So i went ahead and tryed to adjust again and still nothing. Could i have a injector issue or please anyone have any ideas

Mutant Pony

Solid Axle Swap
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Well, all 2.9s tick. It is what they do. Not all the time but, from time to time. This has been discussed many times, I'm sure if you search you will find many topics.

morsching

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
I have been working on my 88 bronco 2 xlt it has the 2.9 in it. I just put new world heads and all new valve train in it. I adjusted the rockers twice and it still ticks so i brought it to a mechanic he adjusted them It still ticks so i checked the oil pressure 20psi and idle 50 psi and 2000 rpm. So i went ahead and tryed to adjust again and still nothing. Could i have a injector issue or please anyone have any ideas
i understand the tick sumtimes but mine tickes all the time it never quiets

Wicked_Sludge

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
3-point-GO
sounds like there is some clearance issues between your rocker arms, pushrods, or lifters. i'd pull the top end apart and mic. everything to see what parts are at fault.