•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Tranny swap help

Blt791

Reaction score
Ok so I have an 85 4x4 b2 with what appears to be a mitsubishi fm 145. I was able to get a good deal on a transmission from a 90 4x4 ranger and t-case. From all the photos and research ive done the transmission looks like a mazda m50d. I have not been able to find any information on a swap like this so hopefully someone can put their .02 in and give me some advice. Like if its a straight swap, if I will need to modify, or change other parts? Any and all help is appreciated.

70roadrunner

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
plymouth
Engine Size
you will need the flywheel, clutch, and pressure plate for the m5od. also the starter. the shifter will come through the floor in a little different position, i believe about 2" forward. the line from the clutch master cylinder will also need to be changed, possibly the master also. if you are going to use the t-case the ends of the driveshafts will need to be changed also. on the manual shift t-cases, you need the shift linkage that matches the t-case and trans. the good news is you will have a much stronger clutch, trans, and t-case! this is a popular swap, and you should be able to find all this info in the tech section, thats where i learned it