•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Transmission swap question

b2tamer

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
2.9l
Hi, I have a 89 Bronco 2 with a automatic a4ld transmission AMD the shifter is up by the steering wheel on the column, and I'm looking at buying a 87 Bronco 2 that has a automatic transmission that is slipping but the shifter is on the floor, I was wondering is there any way of putting the tranny from the 89 into the 87?

Sent from my VS910 4G using Tapatalk 2

alwaysFlOoReD

Blang - not bling
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'91, '93, '98
Vehicle
Various
Engine Size
4.0, 4.0, 4.6
Suspension Style
4wd
I'm not a tranny guru. That said, you should be able to use the 89 in the 87 as long as they are the same type of trans. Take pics of how the shifters hook to the trans for reference.

Richard

b2tamer

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
2.9l
Okay. I'm pretty sure there both the same transmission, I would have to look into it. The only thing that I'm thinking about is they both have different shifter positions one is on the column and one is on the floor.

Sent from my VS910 4G using Tapatalk 2

BrucesBlack

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Mazda
Engine Size
I have done a BII Trans swap into a 91-94 And the Linkage Needs to be Changed , You will have to Drop each pan , Pull a Pin that holds the linkage in the case , and you will also need to remove and replace a Small clip that works the throttle body , There is Also A Big Nut on the linkage that needs to be removed , It can and has been done before .