•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

turn indicator switch issues

inkedgiff

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
So on my way home tonight i noticed that the turn signal comes on but does not flash, it will however flash when the hazards are on. All the lights seem to be lighting up. The upper yellow portion of the headlight isn't supposed to come on right? So I believe it's the switch. Since they are 130 from autozone I need to go to a pull a part to see if they have any. My car is a 1990 Bronco II, what other years use the same part besides the bronco and ranger? What years would use that part number? I need to know what to look for because I'm betting that there aren't going to be many ranger or bronco II's sitting in the yard. Thanks a lot.

inkedgiff

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
anyone know if they came in the explorers or something similar?

85_Ranger4x4

December 2013 OTOTM
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Suspension Style
4wd
You sure it's not a bulb issue?
That is what my Ranger did when I blew a tail light. To add to the fun of it it rarely did it, the filiment would bounce around on top of the other part and work most of the time (so the bulb/indicator would work normally), but would occasionally not make contact and would make the indicator stay on all the time.

I could make it work/not work by smacking the tail light, your results may vary.

And the yellow part of the light to the sides of your headlight doesn't blink, I am thinking it is just a reflector but may be a running light with your headlights... either way not related to the signals.

Last edited:

Rolled Ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'91
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
So on my way home tonight i noticed that the turn signal comes on but does not flash, it will however flash when the hazards are on. All the lights seem to be lighting up. The upper yellow portion of the headlight isn't supposed to come on right? So I believe it's the switch. Since they are 130 from autozone I need to go to a pull a part to see if they have any. My car is a 1990 Bronco II, what other years use the same part besides the bronco and ranger? What years would use that part number? I need to know what to look for because I'm betting that there aren't going to be many ranger or bronco II's sitting in the yard. Thanks a lot.

I am having the same problem. My turn signals turn on but dont flash. I replaced one of the fuses and they worked long enough for me to get out of the parking lot of the parts store. I replaced the fuse and it just blew again. I was thinking a short on the switch too. Did you ever find out anything new?