•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Underhood Light

Plummkrazy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Well this past weekend I installed an under-hood light. I know Ford used to have these on some of their older trucks, but i couldn't find one. I ended up getting this off eBay. It is actually for like 90's chevy trucks. It has an 18' retractable cord. I ordered a bright ass LED for it too. I still need to wire it up, but it started raining on me.

Rangurr

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L DOHC I4
I pulled mine from a junkyard from a '91 Silverado (I missed having one from my old pickup but couldn't find one for another car). I also went ahead and threw in 2 of the '90s Silverado under-hood lamps behind the hood hinge brackets. Silverado lighting mod should be standard practice!

Plummkrazy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
wow, that's pretty bright. Could work on that truck any time of day. Yeah I think these lights are pretty cool. Just got my LED yesterday, just need to put that in and I'm set.

wildbill23c

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford Bronco II
Engine Size
2.9L V6
Suspension Style
4wd
My credo
19K, 19D, 92Y, 91F
The lights are great as long as you have battery power, otherwise they're not much help LOL. I laugh at the stock underhood lights, they're so dim they're pointless.

Rangurr

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L DOHC I4
Mine didn't come with any stock underhood but I've heard they're a joke! These are both running silverstar ultra bulbs and I seriously have worked on my truck at about 1:30am on the trail as if it was daytime! Also, the wired light shown above is incredible to keep around! (careful about shoving a silverstar in there though... It quickly discolors the lens and starts to deform it) But seriously, that 18' cord will let you put light anywhere you need it!

Lil-Pony

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984, 1999
Vehicle
Take a Guess
Engine Size
2.8, 3.0
Another mod fir the list.