•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Updated Stereo For Bronco 2

wildbill23c

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford Bronco II
Engine Size
2.9L V6
Suspension Style
4wd
My credo
19K, 19D, 92Y, 91F
What's a descent stereo & speaker package that would be good to put in an 88 B2 with the Premium sound system? I believe only 2 speakers are currently working, the others are probably blown. Apparently there's an amp hidden somewhere as well since I have the premium sound system and its an Eddie Bauer.

There's a Best Buy about 30 miles from home and they have done several stereo installs for me and I'd like to have them install one in my B2 since they have all the tools harnesses, adapters, etc. may as well save myself the headache and let them do all that stuff LOL.

Don't need anything fancy, but don't want a piece of crap either. I certainly want AM/FM/CD and wouldn't mind the capability to have satellite radio and an auxiliary port to plug an MP3 player into. Just can't really decide what brand or model to get.

JerryC

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Go to crutchfield.com and use their configurator. It will tell you what fits, if you buy from them they give you good instruction sheets to follow. They sell the brackets and tools too.
I bought a $100 radio with BT phone hookup, cd, usb, am/fm, Pandora, etc... Used stock size replacement speakers in the back and dash. It sounds ok, but really needs more bass. I love having the hands free phone and my music on a usb stick.
I didn't have premium sound in mine.

wildbill23c

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford Bronco II
Engine Size
2.9L V6
Suspension Style
4wd
My credo
19K, 19D, 92Y, 91F
Go to crutchfield.com and use their configurator. It will tell you what fits, if you buy from them they give you good instruction sheets to follow. They sell the brackets and tools too.
I bought a $100 radio with BT phone hookup, cd, usb, am/fm, Pandora, etc... Used stock size replacement speakers in the back and dash. It sounds ok, but really needs more bass. I love having the hands free phone and my music on a usb stick.
I didn't have premium sound in mine.
Hmm, I'll check them out.

There's something wrong with the stock radio I get a horrible screeching noise from it, which only happens it seems like until the vehicle warms up then it goes away, thought it was a grounding problem but its just weird that it goes away after I've driven several miles.

I'll have to do some digging and find more information out on the premium sound system though not much is known about it from what I've gathered, supposedly there's an AMP hidden somewhere in the back.

EDIT: So I think the AMP is actually in the top of the dash towards the passenger side, there's an access panel on the top of the dash, looks like an AMP I guess LOL.

Last edited:

jjfugler

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford Bronco II
Anywhere to get a updated radio with a retro feel and look to it? I don't require a cd player or audio jack or even blue tooth so I feel like I am not looking for a unicorn per say....thanks in advance.

JerryC

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
put "retro automotive radio" in google

wend3lrt

Reaction score
Vehicle
Bronco ii
If who want a classic style radio, check out retromanufacturing.

mkyhmltn

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1989 Ranger ex
Engine Size
The amp is in the driver side rear panel

mkyhmltn

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1989 Ranger ex
Engine Size
Is it different between the 88 and 89 or is my manual incorrect?