•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Weekend project

SmokeEater829

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9 L
I'll be starting some fab work on my B2 tomorrow. Some front bumper, receiver hitch, winch mount work up front. Also picked up a set of the 58" Trail Gear Rock Sliders. Will be fitting them as well. I'll post pics of the progress as I can. But I'll give y'all some idea of what I'm going to do on the front.

I picked up a tube front bumper a while back from a member on here. I added a front receiver hitch and did a multi mount setup for my Warn x8000i. Didn't like the multi mount setup. So I got a winch plate that will be added to the bumper/hitch setup so the whole assembly will be one piece. Going to gave to exted the frame rails a bit to allow the bumper to bolt up and have room for the winch.

Also in the works is a roof basket, but not sure if ill get that done this weekend. 1st priority is the bumper and steps. Trying to get her ready for hunting season.

SmokeEater829

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9 L
Got a lot done today, but not everything. Got the bumper, receiver, winch all taken care of. Gotta put a few more bolts in and take care of the winch and light bar wiring. Hope y'all like it.

Harley

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Suspension Style
4wd
looks great! do you have a bl on there? looks like you had a lot of room to work with up front...nice work.

SmokeEater829

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9 L
No body lift to speak of. I just replaced all the body mount bushings, and when I did I added a 1/4" washer to each of the body mounts because 2 of them were pretty rusted. So I guess I have a 1/4" body lift. But thanks for the replies. Ill try to post more pics today of what we get done. Hoping to have the sliders at least all tacked up and ready for final welding.

SmokeEater829

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9 L
Got the rock sliders all welded up. Got a few pics while they were just tacked. Gonna clean them up and get a coat of paint on them. Gonna try to get everything powder coated some time down the road.

SmokeEater829

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9 L
I can't take any credit for the welding. Had a buddy of mine do all of that. I came up with the ideas, did all the cutting and grinding and otherwise played a helper for 2 days. Welding is on my list of things to learn, but being a dad is taking up most of my free time. Lol.

88_Eddie

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988, 2000
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L, 4.0L
nice, that's a good lookin bumper you got there lol

SmokeEater829

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9 L
My buddy has been welding for as long as I've known him. 15+ years. He's currently going to school for some certification.

Yeah Eddie, figured you would recognize it. Finally got it the way I wanted it.

SmokeEater829

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9 L
Got the roof rack finished and the first coat of paint on it. Working nights all weekend, but I hope to have it all installed by early next week.

SmokeEater829

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9 L
Got some more done on the roof rack. All the forward facing lighting is done and wired. Still have to install the reverse/rear facing lights. Got the rack mounted on the truck, but no pictures if it installed yet. It got dark on me tonight. Tomorrow I'm going to finish wiring the lights, install the plug so it is easy to disconnect and remove the rack and get some pics.