•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Well...Anybody got any suggestions?

Little_blue_B2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.8L v6
:annoyed: So I locked up my breaks to avoid a car stopped in the middle of the road. I think my rear tire kissed the curb and I got spun around 180 degrees and my momentum caused me to flop over on my passenger side. Luckily it was a slow flop and I was wearing my seat belt. Nobody else was involved just my truck was damaged. The cops were kinda impressed with all the work I had done with the truck.

Anyways I think my A pillar is shot, have ya'll got and ideas on IF it can be fixed with a Sawzall/Welder approach of should I be looking for a new body? Thanks for the help guys!

Last edited:

Sunk

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Looks like there is some damage at the B pillar too. Anything's possible with enough time/money/tools/skills, etc.....

Pauls86

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Were in Ga. are you I have got a parts truck I just picked up last night I could hook you up with some parts.:icon_thumby:

SinnTax

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Come-A-Long and a telephone pole :headbang:

mwood1985

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
im in marietta. im close enough to throw the tools in the Ranger and come help fix things. plus i think theres some bII bodies on craigslist. lemme know and ill come help man. Mike W

Totalled

Law Enforcement
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
8 rabid gophers
New body. You could fix that, but getting the roof straight again would be some work.

Little_blue_B2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.8L v6
Yea, I was hoping I wouldn't have to go that route, but a new body would be best. There's a gap between the door and the A pillar that I don't think would ever be right again. Worried about water getting in during the rain. The pillar looks good/straight from the inside but its dented on the outside making a new windshield difficult to put in.

But I'm in Athens at UGA and the parents live in Gwinnett County so I'm within driving distance of ya'll mwood and paul but we'll see what me and Dad figure out. I really need this truck to take me through college, one more year. Or if I could find a cheap DD I would fix the windshield, throw on my 4" lift and 32's and call it a day.

Thanks for the input guys, I'm kinda bummed that I did this to her after all the work we put into it but that's life.

Pauls86

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Let me know what I can do I find Broncos all the time I just don't need 30 of them in the yard.:icon_hornsup:

ArcticOffRoadr

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L V6
Ouch. My sympathies. Hopefully nothing TO hard to fix. Where did you get your bumpers? I am looking around but so far no luck. Deffinitley like your tire carrier too cause I need something to haul around my spare 33". Thanks!

levi17

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
4.0!
hey could you help me find front axle shafts on the passenger side of my ranger, it's been broken for quite some time and friday is payday. any help would be great thanks

Little_blue_B2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.8L v6
Ouch. My sympathies. Hopefully nothing TO hard to fix. Where did you get your bumpers? I am looking around but so far no luck. Deffinitley like your tire carrier too cause I need something to haul around my spare 33". Thanks!
Thanks, they are James Duff bumpers. http://www.jamesduff.com/broncoII/bumpers_carriers.html I bought them used off of members form TRS. Look around in the sale section and you'll see bumpers for sale every so often. I don't have the skills to make my own so I had to buy them, but if you have the time make your own! Or a few guys on here can make one for you.

All the people on here are GREAT, always found what I needed and help when needed.

ArcticOffRoadr

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L V6
Sweet. Thanks. I got my 3" suspension lift from JD. Great products, great service help... but they gave me fine threaded U bolts for my rear suspension and coarse threaded nuts.. Uhh... HELLO?! LOL

B2 Addict

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Man, I hate to see that brother! :bawling:
That's a rough area to try to fix, just glad nobody got hurt. I hope you can get it all worked out my friend! :icon_welder:

Little_blue_B2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.8L v6
Thanks guys, Work will begin tomorrow morning, we'll see what we can do!

03ranger4x4

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
if it were my truck i would try and bend the a pillar back, beat the roof back down, and have the split welded back together, and use ALOT a silicone to stop leaks, but thats just me hahaha

Unless my vehcile is new, and never goes off road, i dont care how it looks...

Little_blue_B2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.8L v6
Well beat on it tonight, A Pillar is jacked up pretty bad but it's getting close. Had to beat it out and up to get the roof line back looking kinda like it should. Can't wait to see the windshield guy's face whenever we put one back in it...:shok:

But first we gotta borrow a welder to clean it up. Progress is coming!

PaleBlue90

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
FORD
Engine Size
2.3,2.9 and 4.0
that roof looks buckled. id just get a new body for it. but they can be hard to find one in good shape

Little_blue_B2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.8L v6
^ They are hard to find, but I'm pressed for time. If I had a week to do it I would swap bodies but I've got to have her back street legal soon so I can stop bummin' rides to and from work.

phatdaddy

Solid Axle Swap
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984/1988
Vehicle
FORD/FORD
Engine Size
460/ 2.9
do you have some pics of the work so far

Pauls86

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Like I said you are welcome to cut what you need off this parts truck I have or if you need any thing else before I scrap it.:icon_cheers: