•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Well the b2 finally bit the dust.

jkufen

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1986, 1991
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9, 4.0
Well after 2 years of pure hell my b2 has finally called it quits. Its not really messed up too bad I just think I blew out a wheel bearing which when the wheel bearing went the tire kicked out and broke the 4wd hub and who knows what else. I was doing about 70 mph on the interstate and about 5 miles from home when it happened. One of my radius arms are busted so I didnt notice the change in the steering I just blew it off and kept on riding. It wasn't till I got home and realized the wheel's camber. The axle that the hub goes over was cherry red hot from the rim rubbing it. Well due to my other projects that are lined up I don't have the time or money right now to put into the b2 but hopefully by the summer time I will be able to go through her completely. I have completely neglected her for the past 2 years so there are several major issues I have to correct. I am wanting to build it into a beast rock crawler/ trail truck. I have done much thinking and planning on the build and was going to go with a d35, 4.0, and 8.8 and run 35's/37's but now I am thinknig of taking it a different route. I am thinking because I really want to v8 the bronco I am going to take a fullsize sinle cab f150 or bronco frame and modify it to fit underneath the b2 body. That way the axles and drive train are already there and on the frame. My buddies and I do this in our spare time just not with 4x4's. We build modified suspension (hydraulics and air ride) which requires extensive frame and body modifications so this is not new to us. I am sure many of you will look at this and criticize this approach claiming the amount of work is too much or its overkill but itll be an interesting project :thefinger:. So hopefully by summer of 2015 the b2 will be back on the road tough as ever! I am finished with my rant :icon_hornsup:

Lost Bushman

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Yikes, dude. Good thing you didn't wreck it. If you get it built like you say you want to and ever ride up to Columbia, shoot me a PM, I'd love to see the work.