•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

What did you do to your '21+ Bronco today?

BLMPKN

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
2 door
Finally got around to Installing the Curt hitch I bought a few weeks ago

Super simple. Still need to buy/Install a light harness.. apparently there are plug&play options available these days.. no more splicing!

JerryC

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
This weekend towed a small trailer 500+ highway miles. Got 19 mpg too! At 55mph, that's what Uhaul says is the max speed.

I watched hundreds of cars, trucks and big rigs pass me :)

20230716_103705.jpg

Full tank of gas and luggage, a little lower in the back than I'd like but it tracked perfectly. I estimate the trailer and cargo to be about 1600-1700 pounds.

Uncle Gump

Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco II
Suspension Style
4wd
At 55 mph.... luckily you didn't get run over.

I thought you had a two door JerryC?

JerryC

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
At 55 mph.... luckily you didn't get run over.

I thought you had a two door JerryC?
I still do, this one is the wife's we picked up two weeks ago. Our original order (2dr Badlands Cyber Orange turned 4dr Velocity Blue) is still in never-never land and this one was an abandoned order (Wildtrak in Carbonized Gray). MSRP 6K higher than our order, but no ADM this time. Our 4Runner trade-in got us 5K more than we paid for it.

BLMPKN

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
2 door
Mr 2 broncos over here.. 🙄

Jealous.. congrats! 🙂

JerryC

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
We went the Bronco Sport Off Rodeo in TX.
We stayed at the Horseshoe Bay resort.
Had a great time.

85_Ranger4x4

December 2013 OTOTM
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Suspension Style
4wd
We went the Bronco Sport Off Rodeo in TX.
We stayed at the Horseshoe Bay resort.
Had a great time.
Dunno where we are staying yet. Would camp but they don't really have much for campgrounds close by

Uncle Gump

Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco II
Suspension Style
4wd
The wife and I were out and had to get gas. A new 4 door squatch area 51 with the doors off pulled in.

I think the wife figures it would up her sex appeal.

Then she asked if it would haul 2 yards of dirt?

To which I replied... Hell yeah it will!

I then asked for forgiveness.

BLMPKN

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
2 door
There's an off-rodeo just a couple hours from me in NH.. but I'll probably pass on that whole deal 🤷‍♀️

I would really like to make some simple rock sliders though.. the Ford rock rails AND the hoop step jobs like what came on my bronco share the same brackets.. so it should just be a matter of finding the right size square tubing in 1/4" or so.. weld the ends up.. drill&tap.. coat with something.. profit$$$..

85_Ranger4x4

December 2013 OTOTM
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Suspension Style
4wd
There's an off-rodeo just a couple hours from me in NH.. but I'll probably pass on that whole deal 🤷‍♀️

I would really like to make some simple rock sliders though.. the Ford rock rails AND the hoop step jobs like what came on my bronco share the same brackets.. so it should just be a matter of finding the right size square tubing in 1/4" or so.. weld the ends up.. drill&tap.. coat with something.. profit$$$..
Trail gear rock sliders on summit are a pretty good bang for the buck. I have them on my ranger. They are frame mounted though (imo overall better than the factory bodymounted option)

We have the factory rock rails on ours. They look clean and are good enough for a case of getting into more than we intended. If I was looking for trouble regularly I would probably want something more protection that wasn't mounted to the body.

JerryC

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
I needed steps in hurry due to a road trip (wife access) and upcoming back surgery.

ZroadZ was what I chose. Not heavy duty sliders but not just steps either.
20221101_160326.jpg

BLMPKN

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
2 door
Trail gear rock sliders on summit are a pretty good bang for the buck. I have them on my ranger. They are frame mounted though (imo overall better than the factory bodymounted option)

We have the factory rock rails on ours. They look clean and are good enough for a case of getting into more than we intended. If I was looking for trouble regularly I would probably want something more protection that wasn't mounted to the body.
Considering the amount I owe on the damn thing.. body mounted sliders would be more than good enough I figure 😋 I really don't want to be beating up on it hard enough to truly require a frame mounted set.

That being said though... I have thought about modifying the brackets by welding some "arms" to them that bolt to the frame for extra strength. Doesn't seem like it would be too terribly difficult.

85_Ranger4x4

December 2013 OTOTM
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Suspension Style
4wd
Considering the amount I owe on the damn thing.. body mounted sliders would be more than good enough I figure 😋 I really don't want to be beating up on it hard enough to truly require a frame mounted set.

That being said though... I have thought about modifying the brackets by welding some "arms" to them that bolt to the frame for extra strength. Doesn't seem like it would be too terribly difficult.
I wanna say mine were like $200ish on sale.

BLMPKN

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
2 door
Started to clean up the interior.. then it started to rain.

Done raining now.. but sometime while it was I got stricken with a big fat case of the lazys 😣😣😣 mabey I'll finish tomorrow 😋

Trying to vacuum up dog hair is a nightmare -__- he's lucky he's so damn cute or else I'd be one of them jerks that doesn't take their dog anywhere lol.

G8orFord

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco
Engine Size
2.7 V6
Suspension Style
4wd
Washed it around 8:00 this morning. That's the only time there is daylight that I can stand to do a job like that right now. I was still soaking wet when I finished and it wasn't from the hose. Had planned to clean up the interior a bit too, but had to meet the daughter for brunch to celebrate her latest promotion. Did at least get the inside of the windshield cleaned this afternoon. Also added some convex mirrors so I can see the blind spots a little better.

BLMPKN

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
2 door
Washed it around 8:00 this morning. That's the only time there is daylight that I can stand to do a job like that right now. I was still soaking wet when I finished and it wasn't from the hose. Had planned to clean up the interior a bit too, but had to meet the daughter for brunch to celebrate her latest promotion. Did at least get the inside of the windshield cleaned this afternoon. Also added some convex mirrors so I can see the blind spots a little better.
I do wish they put some blindspot mirrors on the bronco. The new rangers have them.. my fiances focus st has them.. why not the Bronco? -__-

JerryC

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
I do wish they put some blindspot mirrors on the bronco. The new rangers have them.. my fiances focus st has them.. why not the Bronco? -__-
Why not? To make you buy the package with Blind Spot monitoring. :)