•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

What is this? Cylinder on side of Ignition Coil

FredDoug

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford Bronco II
Suspension Style
4wd
I recently bought a 1990 Ford Bronco II and there's a little cylinder mounted on the side of the ingition coil and I can't figure out what it is and it looks like the wires are about to snap off so I figured I'd replace it sooner rather than later but I don't know what it's called. Anyone on here know? It's the cylinder in the picture to the right of the ingition coil with the exposed wires popping out the top.
353890751_1342341413297361_552610672358399796_n.jpg

Completely different issue, the wires to the driver door (power windows and locks) got completely smashed over the years and one of them I found was broken. The driver window and lock button still work but the passenger window doens't work from the buttons on the driver or passenger side. Could the broken wire be the problem or should it still work from the passenger side? I ran out of time to fix it plus I picked up some ranger doors with manual windows that I'm considering putting on instead anyway. Suggestions? Thoughts?

Uncle Gump

Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco II
Suspension Style
4wd
The cylinder is for radio noise suppression.

Window control wiring for the passenger side all goes through the master switch on the driver door. There is a cross body harness that gets it there and connects to the individual door harnesses.

FredDoug

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford Bronco II
Suspension Style
4wd
So do I need to replace that cylinder?

Uncle Gump

Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year