•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

What is this ??

Chayse

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.8 liter
While working on my truck I came upon this part it was disconnected but looked important but I don't know what it is image.jpgwhat is this

ab_slack

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
Not ringing any bells here.

What is that line coming off? Vacuum or electrical? Anything to see coming off the other side? Anything that might be a port?

I presume that was off the 85 BII you mention having. That would be a 2.8L carbureted engine? I've only had 2.9L EFI so I tend to think it is something engine related, but that is just a WAG....assuming it is part of the car and not something that was original part of something else or an add on.

efilnicufecin

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
This is the thermostatic switch for your A/C

Chayse

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.8 liter
sweet I was thinking it might be part of the AC because of it being tore apart all I have is one wire coming off the top of the compressor any idea of how to wire it up and also does it take the special Freon that costs a ton if so can some one set me up with the info to do a swap really would appropriate it.

efilnicufecin

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
It is just a in and out switch......power goes through it.....when the evaporator core reaches a certain temp....I think it is close to 30 degrees fahrenheit...it will open and cycle the clutch to keep the evaporator from freezing up....A good rule of thumb when retrofitting to 134a from R-12 is to use about 10% less refrigerant....but be sure to flush the condenser and all lines with chemical flush and compressed nitrogen....if you do not have compressed nitrogen, you may use compressed air if run through a sufficient water separator....one for automotive painting will work well.....make sure you replace the filter drier, and evacuate well with a vacuum pump.......remember the longer the evacuation....the better......1 hour should be sufficient.....replace all the "o" rings and use mineral oil on them and on the threads of the connections(this will help reduce corrosion in case you need to service in a few years or so.