•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

what size of tires

broncoworld

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Wondering what size o tire can I put on my bronco 2 2.9 (it has a 2in. Body lift) without losing power and what kind would y'all think I should get was thinking about 31/10.5/15 but would like a wider one thanks

3rd Petal

Reaction score
31's should be just about right for you on that. And anything you put on there bigger than your stock 27" tires you will feel as a loss in power. You have any idea of what your axle gears are? On my B2, when I first got 31's on it with the stock 3.45 gears, it made 5th gear (overdrive) a basically unusable gear

broncoworld

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
31's should be just about right for you on that. And anything you put on there bigger than your stock 27" tires you will feel as a loss in power. You have any idea of what your axle gears are? On my B2, when I first got 31's on it with the stock 3.45 gears, it made 5th gear (overdrive) a basically unusable gear
don't even now what the gear ratio is but i only plan on blasting around in the snow and mud for the time being, so i probably wont need 5th gear for a while
thanks a lot for the replie :icon_thumby:

3rd Petal

Reaction score
If there is still the sticker in the door jamb you can find out what your gear ratio is. Take a look at this page http://www.therangerstation.com/tech_library/axle_codes.shtml

Whatever your gears are, you should still be fine for blasting around in snow and mud with 31's. Only thing you might not be able to do so well is crawl, or cruise down the freeway at speed in overdrive

Last edited:

broncoworld

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford