•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

what to do(rust)

swamprat

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
I have an 89 BII that I swaped a 4.0 in. I was looking to fix the rust in the cargo area. It is rusted through along the rear edge and some holes where the seats were. Also in the corner of the floor behind the front seats. i thought about cutting out the floor pan and make a new one. Todat I pulled up the floor mat and found a hole under the gas pedal. Do you guys think it would be easier to fix the rust or swap bodies? The rest of the truck is a little rough. If I swap bodys do I have to resplice any wires or will it all go with the frame? Another thought is to find a ranger cab and tube the rear or bobbed the bed. What yall think

Robert_1967

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988/1989
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
302/2.9
if your body is bad, then change bodys IF the other body is good on the inside, I dont know how you would change the id tag, most of the wireing is in the body, you can unplug the wiring harness where the engine hook ups are.

If your body was good, and you have the money, order replacement sheet metal for the floor boards.

Robert

84stealthranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
ford
Engine Size
2.8 v6
vin is easy if u take out the windshield just drill out the rivets and rerivet it back on the new one id try and fix it tho