•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Where have yall mounted CB radios in yalls B2's?

jkufen

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1986, 1991
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9, 4.0
I am in the process of trying to mount a CB radio in my B2 and I am having a hard time finding a good spot. The ideal spot for me would be in front of the shifter but the 4wd shifter smacks it every time I go from 4wd to 2wd. Where have yall mounted yalls? I was thinking about mounting it from the roof but the headliner wouldn't support it and I didnt want to drill holes in my roof. I also checked the glove box but it is too small and I dont want it too close to the floor boards just in case it fills up with water. Any ideas?

Schnot

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
Put a piece of plywood about the size of a clipboard between the headliner and roof and attach the bracket to that. I've done that in two trucks and its worked great.

Sent from my iPhone.

jkufen

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1986, 1991
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9, 4.0
To the right of the shifter is a black box I believe it is the defroster vents so it wont work. I might have to do the plywood trick. How exactly did secure the plywood to the roof? glue?

Schnot

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
Not attached to anything. It just sits on top of the headliner. When you attach the bracket to the wood, it essentially sandwiches the headliner between the two. The plywood spreads out the load and works very well.

Sent from my iPhone.

jkufen

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1986, 1991
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9, 4.0
I do a lot of offroading which involves a lot of bouncing around and just curious is the radio very sturdy just hanging from the headliner? I will most likely go that route and try it but I might try and double side tape it or something just to help it so it doesn't stretch the headliner bouncing around.