•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

where to buy body mount bracket

spdcrazy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
mostly 86
Vehicle
B2
Engine Size
2.9 bored and cammed
i'm in the middle of relocating my body mounts due to installing 64in chevy leaf springs. but i chewed one of the brackets up pretty good.

where does a guy go to get one? google and TRS search didn't help. and autozone helped with the leaf spring hangers, but can't find this...

Nathan123

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9 Litre
well when I replaced my mounts, two brackets were completley rusted out. I made a replacment out of 1/4" plate and bolted it on in place. (cut and knock out the rivets, replace with class 8 bolts) The other one I just welded a piece of 1/8 or 3/16" plate to the top of the bracket. I could not find stamped metal replacements.

spdcrazy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
mostly 86
Vehicle
B2
Engine Size
2.9 bored and cammed
well when I replaced my mounts, two brackets were completley rusted out. I made a replacment out of 1/4" plate and bolted it on in place. (cut and knock out the rivets, replace with class 8 bolts) The other one I just welded a piece of 1/8 or 3/16" plate to the top of the bracket. I could not find stamped metal replacements.
damn, somehow i knew you would say that. one bracket is ok, the other is pretty beat up. guess i'll :icon_welder: up some..

thanks

Nathan123

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.9 Litre
When you go to put holes in your fabbed bracket for the bolts, you just need them kinda close, then you can get one or two holes lined up in the frame and then clearance the frame a little. The PITA is getting the body mount bushing/bolt assembly apart. If its disintegrated and half fallen away then it's easy to cut the metal bolt/sleeve, but if the bushing is still there, it's a bitch to cut through rubber with a sawzall! If I remember i used 1 3/8" holesaw to drill the hole for the bushing.